• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!

Been

I have had my gastric sleeve about 10 weeks ago - I have lost 35lb but am now stuck. - I have been the same weight for about 4 weeks - I cant eat big amounts but I can graze all day - the more I try to stop the more I think of food and the more rubbish I eat - I dont know how to change this habit - its almost obsessive! The less I want to eat, the more I eat!!!

Anyone else going through this?

Been

Yep,concentrate on three meals with two snacks,plenty of protien with a little carbs at every meal.Lots of fluids.And do some exercise it really does help,even if its dancing round the living room!Keep your bowel moving too.We all stall from time to time.Im having one now camt get below 13st.I think my body has said woah 6st off is enough for now Im shutting down!Best of luck ,it will move again honest!Maz x

Im so scared of gaining so soon after my surgery - I have started swimming twice a week but I reallt obsess about carbs - hopefully if I eat more protein I will begin to lose weight - OMG! I am so frustrated - I spent £10k and went through so much pain - I thought I would lose alot of weight quite quickly and then maybe after six months or so I would struggle - it goes to show this is no magic cure - you still have to work hard to lose weight!

Been

Hi Been,
remember the surgery is only a tool to help YOU lose the weight it won't do it for you.
The sleeve will stop you feeling hungry and make you feel full quickly but it won't stop you craving all the things you used to eat before only you can do that. As big and bouncy said you need to concentrate on your regimen, carbs will always make you want more so the order should be Protein first followed by fruit and veg and then carbs.
good luck with your weight loss.

Good luck, sweetie ... what a shame this op does not render us super human :wave_cry: Unfortunately we are still the weak people we were pre op.:( If you are a grazer you will be better shopping daily just until you get it under control. Buy enough for 1 day & when that has gone you can't do any damage. xxx :):)

Been, I'm now 12 weeks post op and at about week's 7-10 I stayed the same. The dietician told me that its normal to have weeks where you maintain but then you'll loose a lot in other weeks. 35lb is fabulous and you should be celebrating this not worrying about how much you thought you'd loose. Hide the scales and get weighed fortnightly, get the tape measure out and focus on inches if the lb's aren't shifting. Would you consider starting your post op diet from scratch again? It may help you get back in control? If you were strong enough to go through the surgery, then I'm sure you're strong enough to be tough on yourself. Believe in yourself and you'll be even more fantastic than you already are xxx

Back