• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

p_relf

Ok guys do GP can't refer now as Bmi below 40 and they don't class my non alcoholic fatty liver disease enough to get nhs funding! So anyone in the south east uk recommend a surgeon and hospital! Going to have to self fund! Obviously I can't afford loads but up to £5000, anywhere else do cheaper? And any discount for being an nhs worker? Sorry loads of questions !! Paul

I went with THG total cost was 5194 pounds that includes everything including driver too and from hospital x

They have lots of clinics all over uk I'm about 10 mins from heathrow , the hospital is in Birmingham but if u pay for the pick up drop off option u get a driver but that's included in the 5194 pounds for fills etc u go too the London clinc easy too get too , one train get off at great portland street station just round corner but u may have a clinic closer too u xx

Hi snack I'm havin a my band done with the hospital group at Dolan park on the 27/07 how did you find them? Who did your surgery? Xx

What other options have you looked into? Would you consider overseas?

There's lots of info around the forums, take some time to read and consider other avenues.

I had dr el hasani its a very nice hospital staff are nice and met some very nice ppl there rooms are ok got your own tv wifi etc, good luck with your band , any questions pls feel free too ask as I I can't help I'm sure someone on here will be able too , as for going abroad I never considered it TBH if something did go wrong which I know can happen at home as well , I wanted the treatment too hand and not thousands of miles away xxx

I too went to Dolan park but it was too convenient for me, I live 5 minutes away from it! So I didn't look at anywhere else! So other than my experience with them I can't help much! Hope u find somewhere to suit you x

Dr Sigurdsson is doing mine, he was lovely in my consultation and he was the one that did Tina Malones of shameless lol! How quick were you both back up and working again? Xx

L0ckerz said:
Dr Sigurdsson is doing mine, he was lovely in my consultation and he was the one that did Tina Malones of shameless lol! How quick were you both back up and working again? Xx

I had mine done by him too! Had a few days pain with the wind, had it done on the Thursday and back to Uni on the Monday! But everyone is different u just have to see how u feel! X

tanychance said:
I had mine done by him too! Had a few days pain with the wind, had it done on the Thursday and back to Uni on the Monday! But everyone is different u just have to see how u feel! X

How long have you had yours done tanychance? How you finding the weight loss? Xx

L0ckerz said:
How long have you had yours done tanychance? How you finding the weight loss? Xx

My loss has been slow but I put that down to nursing shifts!! Remembering to eat is my problem! Had mine done 15th march...weight 16.10, today's weight 14.5 I have gone from a size 18 to a comfortable 14! So even if the scales haven't shifted the inches have!! Just keep reading the help on here and stick to it and u will be fine!! X

Night shifts must really screw things up for you! Reality is however look at that loss!!!! That's great progress! I think we focus too much on the day in day out of all this yet when you reflect and look at the bigger picture....it's still good progress made!! X

JO28172 said:
Night shifts must really screw things up for you! Reality is however look at that loss!!!! That's great progress! I think we focus too much on the day in day out of all this yet when you reflect and look at the bigger picture....it's still good progress made!! X

Yes totally cocked up any sort of routine I had set!! Living on one meal a day and not being hungry is far from good and stalled weight loss completely but having 2 days normal regime has already seen another 1lb loss this morning!! X

L0ckerz said:
That's a fab loss ! The more I read on here the more excited I get! Roll on the 27th July!! Xx

Dare to dream :) xx

Hi, I went with thg, on June 12th, with dr halstead, he was great, my scars are pretty neat now too. I took two weeks off because my job can involve heavy lifting and I hadn't told them what I was doing but after one week I was comfortably walking round lots. Thg are fine so far, just hit and miss with their contact afterwards, no one contacted me to check I was ok but they do ring some people. I had my dietician call and that went fine, except they said they are in the process of changing the post op diet info, she said I was fine to have chicken now if I cut it small and chewed it well, whereas in the book it says three months (I'm five weeks out) so make sure you ring them with any q's. The staff at the hospital were lovely on the daytime, really friendly at put me at ease. The first few days are really tough for most people, as well as taking their advice and contacting them in emergency, I found this site fantastic for advice, for what to take with you, to how to deal with the pain, and what's considered normal pain, good luck with it all :)

Back