• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!

Bella are you still that tight that you can only eat slider foods? Or have you had any saline removed? X

Even now... It has been 8 months since my surgery and I expected to lose a modest 5-7lbs a month, but as you can see weight loss haulted a long time ago.
PS lovely to *see* you again :) Lovely to see all of you again but not so lovely to hear lots of people struggeling :(

Just worked out it has been 36 weeks since surgery...

My weight loss halted in September n I had my surgery at the end of july... I just dont know what else to do iv tried everything so I understand your frustration chick xx

Well guys Iv got 2 6mls twice and had to have some taken out both times because everything I ate was getting stuck but I had a face to face appointment with the dietician yesterday at THG n she said I havnt been looked after by the hospital properly I am supposed to have seen her every month face to face for the first 6 months n yesterday was the first time I saw her bearing in mind my op was the 27th july 2012 she said its not my fault why I havnt lost alot of weight its because they put too much in my band to start with which inflammed me which is where all my problems began n she apologised n said she is personally going to make sure im looked after properly n she wants to see me again in 4 weeks with a loss of either 4-8 lbs. She made the nurse put 0.6mls in my band yesterday which took me to 6.5mls all together in my band which like I say iv always encountered probelms at 6 let alone 6.5! Lol but I suppose shes the professional n knows what shes doin. Im on liquid diet for two days, mushy foods for two days and then back onto normal food textured food. So we'll see! I just hope 6.5 is not too much!

Well guys Iv got 2 6mls twice and had to have some taken out both times because everything I ate was getting stuck but I had a face to face appointment with the dietician yesterday at THG n she said I havnt been looked after by the hospital properly I am supposed to have seen her every month face to face for the first 6 months n yesterday was the first time I saw her bearing in mind my op was the 27th july 2012 she said its not my fault why I havnt lost alot of weight its because they put too much in my band to start with which inflammed me which is where all my problems began n she apologised n said she is personally going to make sure im looked after properly n she wants to see me again in 4 weeks with a loss of either 4-8 lbs. She made the nurse put 0.6mls in my band yesterday which took me to 6.5mls all together in my band which like I say iv always encountered probelms at 6 let alone 6.5! Lol but I suppose shes the professional n knows what shes doin. Im on liquid diet for two days, mushy foods for two days and then back onto normal food textured food. So we'll see! I just hope 6.5 is not too much!

My band is empty now, I don't use it but when I had it 6.5 was far too much for me, I couldn't keep anything down not even my own saliva! I don't know why they put you to 6.5 when 6 caused you problems, I'd be asking for 1.5 to be taken out and see how you go with that, you need to eat completely dry textured food to see if you're able to tolerate it, if after about 2 weeks you're still able to eat quite a bit go back and get .5 put back in and who knows that could be all you need to get the weight shifting again :)

Im going to see how I go, my outlook is there the professionals so they should know best. I don't regret my band at all I am a little disappointed I havnt lost as much as I thought I would have. But im sure the weight will soon come off

Back