• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tail between my legs :-(

claire-anna

Hello lovelies..

I had a Gastric Wrap in 2012. starting weight 17st got down to 10st, 8 at my lightest.. ( and i thought i was still overweight! - i looked perfect) and its all gone terribly wrong. I need someone to give me a good slap if im honest!

im now 14st and out of control.. eat less mover more? i wish it was so simple.. i feel terrible, a failure! im not the only one who has failed with the Wrap with the same company i went with, however i am fully taking responsibility for the crap im putting in my mouth!

My stomach has most certainly stretched. i have no restriction at all..

Im booked in for a consultation for a band with THG next week. I wish i had a band in the first place..

im hoping the band will be the answer to my prayers, i need something that will stop me eating so much! please tell me the band is what i need :-(

any comments, kicks up the bum will be welcome xxx

hmmm not sure its what you want to hear hunni but i have a band and am in the same boat right now LOL its a vert slippery slop eh ......... sending hugs at least x x x x

0h dear.. im at my wits end. Have you been gaining even with fills? Xx

The band will give you restriction but that, as with all surgeries, won't stop you eating the wrong things! I'm not sure how a wrap works (presuming its restriction only like the band and sleeve) but are you confusing eating the wrong things with having no restriction?

Have you tried going back to basics and eating protein first, then veg and cutting out the rubbish?

As @Crystalrainbow said it is indeed a slippery slope and that goes for whichever surgery you have. Its bloomin hard work to get the results you want and maintain them but I would strongly advise you to not pin all of your hopes on the band and try and work with your wrap. Stop putting the rubbish into your mouth and get yourself back on track :1461:

I'm not familiar with the wrap but imagine like any other procedure it's only a tool and it still comes down to what you eat at the end of the day.
You sound stressed out and fed up. Have you got anyone supporting you , family or friends? It's easier to make positive food choices when you are feeling positive in general :)

Can I suggest you get the book the emotional first aid book, this is written for baratric surgery. Few American phrases but I am finding it useful.

I would also agree that you need to really consider about getting further surgery. You can cheat any of these tools and the food thoughts in your head don't go away! Please think hard before spending thousands. Even a sleeve or bypass still lets you cheat...it's all about what you put in. Weight loss surgery offers no miracle and long term success is about getting your head around not eating the crap! Every day I hear little food demons saying eat chocolate eat cake eat treats! And I can quite easily suck away a whole block of dairy milk but I didn't go through all this and pay 9k to get fat again.
Seriously go back to the diet you started with after your surgery and start clean eating. Even with a band you will still have the same struggle I'm sure.
I still feel hunger, my tiny sleeve still growls and rumbles when it's empty and food and eating is now an even bigger part of my life than pre op!
Everyone will have a different take on your situation but I would say take a step back..get back on here for support. Good luck and let's start the journey again x

I fully agree with what Kar has written ..
Deff retrace and regroup .. I'm 7 months into my band and I fight every day not to put those bad foods in my mouth ..
Our food struggles are all in the brain and that has to be kept in check all the time and it's bloody hard and exhausting work .. Please keep recognise your demons , flag them and train them , that's the only way to make this surgery work ..
Your demons will play head games with you so be ready ..
Mindy
Xxxx

I allowed my head to rule me........i was having a tough time of life in general and it was so easy to slip back into old habits and all the calorific naughty stuff goes down so well.... back to comfort eating just to dull the pain..... life is never going to be plain sailing.... we are always going to have to deal with what liife throws at us and we really do need to learn new way in coping..... i thought id gotten past it BUT obviously not.... i allowed the odd naughty in, and frankly we all know it doesn't take much before it becomes habit and the weigh soon creeps on. I admittedly was still empty in my band, i had no restriction BUT had managed to find that holy grail just by following the rules, i fell of the wagon when life got tough........fortunately i have returned from the brink before it was too late...... sit down and give it lots of consideration as to why this has happened.....maybe getting some therapy may help in understand why .......... i had my issues........ but do you really want to put yourself thru surgery again.... i know i don't........ i went just last week for a fill in hopes to regain some control.....and guess what..... i've had it all back out today......... no amount of discomfort or pain is worth it........... its a hard lesson.... i am an adult, i had the help i needed to shed the massive weight in the start BUT now i'm responsible for keeping it off .... i need to become accountable for my actions its never going to get any easier x x x good luck sweetheart sometimes we need that huge jolt to kick us back to realoty

Back