• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please

milkybar

Hello,
Please can i have some help !
Iv had my gastric band 2 years and am heavier than when i started. last year i became ill with acid reflux and had to have my band opened up.
I put on alot of weight.
I have now had it tighted im currently at 5.5mls and have very slight restriction but its definatley there and so far no acid reflux.
But i now need to loose weight im getting married and i dont want to be a fat bride.

I dont know what to eat when to eat or how much.
So please can you tell me if im doing ok or where i need to make changes.

This week during the day its been the same iv had

Breakfast: 30porridge with skimmed milk and a bannana

A small satsuma about 11.30

Lunch:a small tin of heinz soup(tomatoe,chicken or mushroom) all around 150 calories.

a small satsuma about 3.45

Dinner: mushroom omelette, salmon fillets mash and veg, shepherds pie or a chilli, just normal meals but im being very careful about portion control.

and im not having any dessert.

I have white tea with no sugar and skimmed milk during the day, and the odd glass of no added sugar squash with dinner.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Im curerntly taking metformin for PCOS and insulin resistance but im still not loosing ?

Hi Milkybar, I think your diet looks ok, pretty similar to what I eat, I can't think of any changes to make. By portion control do you mean eating from a side plate, as I know that helps me keep it under control?
Maybe you could keep a food diary for a week to see if anything stands out? I think you need to speak to your team to see what advice they have.
Keep posting on here, they are a lovely bunch who offer great advice and support xx

thank you ,
I went to my local pound shop and i found these little individual dishes that i now make shepherds pie etc in, this way once its gone its gone and theres no mroe as before id make a big one and pick at it once i had finished.
And with regards to lunchs i used to have a large full sized can of soup where as now i have the small soups 290g can.

I always feel guilty that its me sabotaging this , but im glad and releaved to know im not.

Hi

Well some of the dinners sound good BUT the breakfast and lunch are both slider food.

Basically these foods will slip straight through the pouch and wont leave you feeling full. Also, 150 calories for lunch is not very much. Not having enough calories will put you into starvation mode.

There is a band daily menus thread on here which I will find now and post the link for you.

Basically try and stick to 3 meals a day (snack on fruit if you need to). Eat the protein, then the veg - finally if you have room the carbs. Eat dense foods that you have to chew and will keep you full for longer.

Hope that helps x

thank you , i was looking at weight watcher microwave meals that i could take to work, as i only have a microwave, in summer i eat alot of salads and pasta salads.
but the microwave meals would get stuck for me and ill be sick again ,

I really appreciate that link im going to study it now ! thank you again.

Hello,
Please can i have some help !
Iv had my gastric band 2 years and am heavier than when i started. last year i became ill with acid reflux and had to have my band opened up.
I put on alot of weight.

sorry to hear that you have had band trouble a good friend of mine had exactly the same difficulties you have experienced and he had to have his band unclipped too and also regained weight.
I have now had it tighted im currently at 5.5mls and have very slight restriction but its definatley there and so far no acid reflux.

thats good so far so good, becareful with future fills as being too tight will cause exactly the same problems as before, this is why most providors only give very small fills to ensure restriction is built up to gradully, this frustrates most patients but is done for there own saftey.
But i now need to loose weight im getting married and i dont want to be a fat bride.

I dont know what to eat when to eat or how much.
So please can you tell me if im doing ok or where i need to make changes.

This week during the day its been the same iv had

Breakfast: 30porridge with skimmed milk and a bannana

A small satsuma about 11.30

these are good choices and will keep the hunger away.

Lunch:a small tin of heinz soup(tomatoe,chicken or mushroom) all around 150 calories.

a small satsuma about 3.45
becareful with soups as these are part of the sliders that will just go straight through your band and will not give the sensation of fullness and you will be more tempted to snack in the afternoon.

Dinner: mushroom omelette, salmon fillets mash and veg, shepherds pie or a chilli, just normal meals but im being very careful about portion control.

Fantastic that your aware with portion control, having a childs plate and cereal bowl helps keep this in perspective, omlette and salmon are good choices and will stay in your pouch rather than just dropping down to the lower stomach, shepherds pie chilli anything like that is classed as a slider and again will most likley just slip thru yout band and hunger will be felt sooner again after your meal, try the chilli on a baked potato this will give more satisfaction, also can be made at work in the microwave.

and im not having any dessert.
fantastic !

I have white tea with no sugar and skimmed milk during the day, and the odd glass of no added sugar squash with dinner.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

dont drink with meals thats 1 of the no1 rules with banding as it flushes the food through the band allowing more of the portion to be eaten, no drinks 15 mins before a meal or 30 mins after a meal.

Im curerntly taking metformin for PCOS and insulin resistance but im still not loosing ?

:) Good luck hun i hope the weight starts moving again x

Liz x

Back