• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP!!!!!!!!!

chummy

Hi all

Have woken this morning with a terrible ear ache!!! Don't know what to do for the best as I've surgery booked for Saturday. If I go to the dr's and get anti-biotics will they still operate.

And if I tell my provider will they cancel?

Help please.... X

I think you'd need to phone your provider hun, I can't remember what THG said but I know their literature mentioned antibiotics.
Good luck, hope it's all ok x

You may be lucky and have otitis externa, an infection of the outer ear canal and only need drops and not antibiotics as such. See the GP first and take it from there. Good luck

No idea chummy but best go see your GP first and get it treated then inform your provider with fingers crossed that it doesn't affect things. Don't leave it hun x

I had my gall bladder removed 6 wks before my bypass and 4 days before op one of my gallbladder scars got infected so I was on antibiotics and they still went ahead x GOOD LUCK X

Hi all

Give "crazy lady" a round of a round of applause that's exactly what I have. have just got home after seeing the quack. Although I also have a slight sore throat which is apparently quite red. But have been given a topical spray for the ear and told by my GP to take a regular pain killer.

He doesn't see that this is or will be a reason for my provider to cancel my surgery. I'm going to play it by ear (no pun intended) before telling my provider.

I so hope it goes ahead for the simple reason I've booked and paid for the hotel, train, kennel and sitter. It will just my luck.

Thanks all xx

Really pleased to hear that chummy. Great news. Oh and I've been a nurse for 30 plus years, several of which were spent in A&E. Hope all goes well for you on Saturday.

Brilliant chummy. All the best for Saturday :) x

Thank you everyone for trying to help its much appreciated. I will keep you up dated on my journey during Fri/Sat and the days to come.

I have a feeling the title "HELP" might be used at lot in the weeks to come. But soon to be replaced with the word "thinner". Here's hoping!!

Good luck to all trying to shift the pounds. Xx

I was on antibiotics for toothache and continued to take them even on day of surgery, was told ot made no difference. Good luck :)

Hi all

Give "crazy lady" a round of a round of applause that's exactly what I have. have just got home after seeing the quack. Although I also have a slight sore throat which is apparently quite red. But have been given a topical spray for the ear and told by my GP to take a regular pain killer.

He doesn't see that this is or will be a reason for my provider to cancel my surgery. I'm going to play it by ear (no pun intended) before telling my provider.

I so hope it goes ahead for the simple reason I've booked and paid for the hotel, train, kennel and sitter. It will just my luck.

Thanks all xx

Omg Chummy so weird the exact same happened to me on Tuesday! If you are on anti biotics they won't operate on u, so I got the ear spray of my doc. My consultant told me not to say anything at hospital. How weird!! But yes they defo don't. Operate on anti biotics xx

Mum2livinjim, what a flaming nuisance. It kept me awake during the night but this morning I've woken to a normal ear. Lets hope it stays that way.

How you feeling hon? How's THG been?

Chummy x

Still sore but going home a 10am, just looking forward to being n my own bed!!

Yes they have been ok, felt a bit forgotten about at times here but the theatre staff were amazing and tbh as soon as u ask the nurses for something they get it straight away.

I find it uncomfortable moving around. You made the right decision going for single incision my scars r quite big!! Bigger than I thought!

Just had half a smoothie I'm stuffed lol! Crazy that wouldn't of even touched the sides b4!! Lol

How long r u taking off work? X

Omg Chummy so weird the exact same happened to me on Tuesday! If you are on anti biotics they won't operate on u, so I got the ear spray of my doc. My consultant told me not to say anything at hospital. How weird!! But yes they defo don't. Operate on anti biotics xx

I guess they are all different as I phoned the hospital to tell them I was on antibiotics b4 surgery and they confirmed it wouldn't be a problem, would definitely not advocate lying to the hospital that are about to perform surgery on u tho about what you are/are not taking...glad you are recovering well mum2livnjim x

Thankfully I'm only on the ear spray so all good. I will be ringing them today just to advise them of this change to my medical records.

Defo wouldn't lie if on anti-biotics you never know if the might have a bad reaction to any drugs given. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks all xx

Back