• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

results of scope and please help!

julia in bath

so today i had my scope. the found 2 small ulcers in my aescophagus (SP!) which they have given me stomach acid reducing pills. they took a biopsy which they marked as urgent as my op is booked for the 19th. Surgeon said she would call with results but i got no idea when that might be.
she said 99% no problem 1% cancel op. Please God no!
now as its day 4 today of my yoghurt diet and i fasted from last night til 4pm for the scope i left the hospital and promptly bought and ate a weight watchers chicken and pasta salad. please tell me i havnt fooked it all by eating it? i know i'm a weak fat idiot! it was 1g fat and 285 cal so with the 2 yoghurts ive eaten today cals and fat consumed will be the same as the rest of the week. am i missing the point?

ok, bit more chilled now, u had bypass tho, praps theres a difference?
throat is sore now and bit worried they might have to cancel op, if they do tho i'm right down the chippie, lol

My aneathetist Mr Youssef told me to go out and have a huge slap up meal the night before my op. On top of that the nurses gave us all icecream because it was my birthday.

I certainly wouldn't beat yourself up about a weight watchers meal..

xx

gosh now u have me thinking i could be a bit naughtier!

Fingers crossed it still goes ahead.

Don't worry too much, everything will work itself out :)

xxx

Hi Julia
You`ll be fine hun you didn't and wouldn't eat a big greasy fry up , you just ate a weight watcher meal . I had one of them scopes done a few months ago but I didn't get sedated it was OK but I kept gagging they found bacteria in my belly and I was put on antibiotics . They did a biopsy as well . Take care .
Margaret xx

Oh no you won't young lady...no more naughtyness...lol!

I'm glad the ulcers are not going to stop you getting the band...Just get back on that pre-op diet wagon and look forward to getting that band fitted.

Good luck and take care.

(((hugs)))

Julia you will behave yourself now lol. We are supporting you through your pre op so that you get through it without being naughty. Today was a blip and tomorrow is a new day so back to the diet Mrs. You've done so well before today, so you can do it. Your op is so much more important than being a little naughty with the foods.Hang on in there as your op is soooo closexxxxx

ok, new day. day 4? or 5? i've lost count. all good from now on, bring on the yoghurts! i bought some new flavours yesterday, perhaps they'll keep me interested. thanks everyone.

Back