• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

Well......I was ok!!!!!!

I felt full, so couldn't lay down for half an hour....but other than that, no reaction at all!!! Weird......

Frances.....I ate it because I wanted it!! I had a brief moment when I thought "I wonder if it's going to kill me"??!!!! Lmao :). But I then thought, "let's have a go".......

I've not had anything remotely heavy or blatantly off the list so far.....so part of me wanted to test the boundaries. Whilst I was making it I knew I was going to have some, as I put extra spices in just the way I like it!!!!

I don't think I'm in a place where I want to start eating this type of thing regularly, I literally just fancied it yesterday and really enjoyed cooking it.

Also both of us have bad colds....so I think it was that old concept of comfort too.

There is another whole crumble left which I made for my parents and half of ours leftover. I looked at this morning with fondness, but have no intention of having any today. I had my "treat".....

Oh I'm still a food addict........

Okay I can go with that and I'm glad your ok and didn't suffer any ill effects. The reality for me is that I try these things and then dump so most goodies are just a no go now. I get away with two squares of choc, sugar free butterscotch Angel delight and ginger nut bics but that's it. If I need sweetness then it has to be fruit. I'm fortunate in that I never had a sweet tooth to begin with so its not such a big miss really and the dumping is certainly a deterrent for the times when I do have a yen. I just don't understand why someone would risk it in the first place but that's just me :rolleyes: xx

I was told never deny myself a food just have it for an occasional treat in a tiny portion to satisfy the craving
I'm afraid my dietician frowns on this kind of thinking and believes that yes we should eat a well balanced "normal" diet but avoiding the "naughty things" by replacing with healthier alternatives. Once we start introducing the bad stuff back in it can be easy to lose the control especially as the naughty stuff usually is packed with lots of empty calories and it doesn't take a lot to put us over the edge.
In this respect both my dietician and surgeon are quite hardline .. Even smoothies are a big Nono so in a way I'm glad to be a dumper because that choice really isn't there for me.
X

I'm afraid my dietician frowns on this kind of thinking and believes that yes we should eat a well balanced "normal" diet but avoiding the "naughty things" by replacing with healthier alternatives. Once we start introducing the bad stuff back in it can be easy to lose the control especially as the naughty stuff usually is packed with lots of empty calories and it doesn't take a lot to put us over the edge.
In this respect both my dietician and surgeon are quite hardline .. Even smoothies are a big Nono so in a way I'm glad to be a dumper because that choice really isn't there for me.
X

My dietitians the opposite. She was rather shocked when I answered nothing to the question of what do I have for pud lol. She then asked if I dump but I couldnt give her an answer since I hadnt tried anything

I'm scared to eat anything "naughty" I had my hand on a packet of digestives yesterday and though would half a one hurt?? Well I was too scared to try, I'm like you Frankie I don't have a sweet tooth at all, but I've never dumped but somethings when I have one bite lie like lead in my tummy.

Im not a sweet person pastry was my big thing pies quiche pasties etc I haven't dared to try any post surgery even though I make low fat pastry for hubby

I hear you Frankie. I guess I know what I can get away with and what I can't. A few months after my bypass I took my eye off the ball and had some NAS Angel Delight and I thought I was going to die! Like you I can have a few squares of choc occasionally but the Smarties are of course a double whammy due to the crisp shell so even the tiny handful I had would potentially backfire on me. I hadn't had them before and I guess I had a few more than I should have done (let's face it, I shouldn't have had any at all, and I won't again). I agree dumping is so unpleasant that it is a deterrent not to go there tho I suffer more from sweats, shakes, giddiness and tiredness, more than I do from the squits. Yes, my team encourage the three meals and three healthy snacks a day routine. But they are also realistic and accept that there will be times when an occasional treat will be had. Tho if those treats become the 'norm' I think we are in trouble as we are lapsing into old bad habits. xxx

I'm scared to eat anything "naughty" I had my hand on a packet of digestives yesterday and though would half a one hurt?? Well I was too scared to try, I'm like you Frankie I don't have a sweet tooth at all, but I've never dumped but somethings when I have one bite lie like lead in my tummy.

I know what you mean butterfly and its that thought that scares me ..I dont know if i could stop at a half one and i just dont want to go there to try it.

Im not a sweet person pastry was my big thing pies quiche pasties etc I haven't dared to try any post surgery even though I make low fat pastry for hubby

Pastry I do miss and could settle for just a wee bitty but for me this is another nono due to late dumping :sigh:..Adele I would love to try & see if your low fat pastry makes me dump or not... im not scared to try new things

My dietitians the opposite. She was rather shocked when I answered nothing to the question of what do I have for pud lol. She then asked if I dump but I couldnt give her an answer since I hadnt tried anything

Pud according to my dietician is low fat yoghurt and I even dump on those except Fage Total & I saw enough of that at the start of all this to sicken me for life! I was brave enough to order a baked apple for a sweet whilst on the cruise and it came encased in pastry! :mad::sigh:

God....I'm a total sinner compared to you lot! Why don't I dump??? I don't get it....... I went out for lunch today with family and had a plate of Chinese food, all meat/fish but there were a couple of pieces that were battered and I had sweet chilli dipping sauce....... Half an hour later I had a pud, see below!! I was an hours drive from home, totally fine, no funny tummy/tiredness/sweating etc Have I ACTUALLY had a bypass???!!!!! I'm still losing a stone per month and having far more than everyone else seems to have.....????? I'm not even exercising at the moment! Head scratch!!

And I'm looking so healthy...... What's going ON?

Attachments

• image-2542485672.jpg
    image-2542485672.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2081680011.jpg
    image-2081680011.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I have never dumped and slways ask if they did the op but I havent pushed my luck either

God....I'm a total sinner compared to you lot! Why don't I dump??? I don't get it....... I went out for lunch today with family and had a plate of Chinese food, all meat/fish but there were a couple of pieces that were battered and I had sweet chilli dipping sauce....... Half an hour later I had a pud, see below!! I was an hours drive from home, totally fine, no funny tummy/tiredness/sweating etc Have I ACTUALLY had a bypass???!!!!! I'm still losing a stone per month and having far more than everyone else seems to have.....????? I'm not even exercising at the moment! Head scratch!!

And I'm looking so healthy...... What's going ON?

Look at you gorgeous lady. That smile says so much :)
Your meal though would have had me shaking, sweating, nauseous, as incoherent as a drunk and finally in the land of nod :sigh:...the ice cream is an instant killer!

I have never dumped and slways ask if they did the op but I havent pushed my luck either

Not everyone does Adele ... I class myself as one of the fortunate ones that do. It's a great deterrent!

Yeah - I came over all unnecessary just looking at that slice of chocolate fudge cake. Perhaps you could describe it to me Ceecie ... xxxx

God....I'm a total sinner compared to you lot! Why don't I dump??? I don't get it....... I went out for lunch today with family and had a plate of Chinese food, all meat/fish but there were a couple of pieces that were battered and I had sweet chilli dipping sauce....... Half an hour later I had a pud, see below!! I was an hours drive from home, totally fine, no funny tummy/tiredness/sweating etc Have I ACTUALLY had a bypass???!!!!! I'm still losing a stone per month and having far more than everyone else seems to have.....????? I'm not even exercising at the moment! Head scratch!! And I'm looking so healthy...... What's going ON?
Ceecie, I cAn eat anything and don't dump :((( Sooo unfair. I want to dump to stop me eating sillies :( can't win eh?

My tolerance is a little better but I don't go mad. It happens I me on fats and sugars so I'm just careful. Still get caught out sometimes but my dietitian says - eat like a "normal" person so I try to.
It's different for everyone though xx

Thanks ladies.....so glad I'm not the only one 2nd timer!!! Im on the sugar wagon for the rest of the month now :)

Well.....I have some exciting news!!!!!

My Ian only turned round last night and said he wanted us to try and have a baby!!!!! I have secretly wanted one since we met, but he always vowed he didn't want anymore, as has 2 with his ex wife. They are 14 and 13 yrs old and he's always maintained we are too old....

So my plans of falling pregnant "by accident" are all over and we agreed to start trying on our next summer holiday!!!

So ladies....info please! I'm 40 and currently in the 17's.....

Oh.....and we also agreed we'd get MARRIED first :) :) :)

Yeah - I came over all unnecessary just looking at that slice of chocolate fudge cake. Perhaps you could describe it to me Ceecie ... xxxx

:rotflmao: .. & for me too please Ceecie :D

Thanks ladies.....so glad I'm not the only one 2nd timer!!! Im on the sugar wagon for the rest of the month now :)

Well.....I have some exciting news!!!!!

My Ian only turned round last night and said he wanted us to try and have a baby!!!!! I have secretly wanted one since we met, but he always vowed he didn't want anymore, as has 2 with his ex wife. They are 14 and 13 yrs old and he's always maintained we are too old....

So my plans of falling pregnant "by accident" are all over and we agreed to start trying on our next summer holiday!!!

So ladies....info please! I'm 40 and currently in the 17's.....

Oh.....and we also agreed we'd get MARRIED first :) :) :)

Yayyyyyy this is such great news hun congrats and fingers crossed for the future and for what it's worth my sis got married at 41 and had her first (& only for now) at age 42 despite having PCOS like me so anything is possible :) xxx

Oh wow this is lovely news.

My friend has just had her first at the age of 43. Was around 14st pre-pregnancy. Had usual pregnancy related problems, but nothing I didn't have when I was 30.

If it's what you both want then loads of luck to you.

Back