• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

Nkpjkb56

havent posted for a while but iam having a few problems not lost any weight for about 3 weeks i have stayed the same my stomach is swollen most of the time any advice please

contact your provide regarding the swollen stomach, but in terms of weight loss it's often a case of just really going back to basics and starting again, logging all you warm changing up to more protein and less carbs, increase water, increase or switch your exercise, changing calories eaten types of food eaten.

You haven't said what you're eating or what you're doing, or what portions etc you're eating so we can only give general suggestions.

I too am static for 3 weeks nothing lost. I know I am eating less than 600 cals and as quite a new bypass it wasn't expected to not lose anyway my nurse has said it is just my body getting used to it all and after having large weight losses some weeks it is a small ledge which been hit, so although it is disheartening I just have to carry on and maybe weigh myself once a month instead.
Hopefully it is just the same with you ( apart from the swollen stomach which maybe u could get advice on ) and the body will catch up by a large loss in a few weeks.

i posted earlier about having problems with my weight idid forget to say what i have had done and what i eat so i had my band on the 2nd of november i have porridge for breakfast either jacket or soup for lunch a yogurt if feel hungry and maybe ww meal or fish for dinner and plenty of drinks

it seems quite heavy carb wise so maybe try focussing on protein based foods. Chicken, tuna, prawns, eggs and lean meat. Soup us a slider as is a yoghurt so move to drier and crunchier foods on your main meals and it will help keep you fuller for longer.

Expand out into the foods you're eating. If you're eating the same things the body becomes used to it and it needs shaking up.

Also log your food if you don't already to get an idea of the calories you're having along with protein and carbs and then try a few weeks on say minimum 70g protein but a max of 70g carbs as this has worked well for a lot if banders. Shaking if up shocks the body so it begins losing. If can take a while to find out at what intake you will lies my optimum losses came at 1100 cals but min 70g protein and max 70g carbs. But even after 14 months I needed to shake things up a bit so am following a plan now similar to weight watchers.

It's worth trying these different things.

And what do you do exercise wise?

i posted earlier about having problems with my weight idid forget to say what i have had done and what i eat so i had my band on the 2nd of november i have porridge for breakfast either jacket or soup for lunch a yogurt if feel hungry and maybe ww meal or fish for dinner and plenty of drinks
Drink more water n exercise to kick start

This issue comes up a lot! So much so that I put together a couple of threads for newbies, the post op eating tips worked for me, click on the links below:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-faqs/135438-post-op-eating-tips.html

Plus some other info you may find useful on how the band works:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/147823-newbies-have-gander.html

From what you have posted you are eating though I would suggest that you ditch the slider foods, such as soup, yoghurt and even jacket potato in favour of food with more substance.

Hope that helps!

thanks for your replies my excersise is treadmill and excersise bike every other day 30 mins and daily dog walking

Back