• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

here we go again

allybaba

Hi guys

I'm new here but sort of old to this.
I was banded in July 2008, long story short band faulty and never worked. I accepted and lived with it as it was till last November when I kicked my own backside and decided to get it sorted.
So here I am 16 days pre 3 in 1 surgery. I'm having band out bypass in and gallbladder out all at the same time. Start pre op tomorrow sort of looking forward to it, I lost 2 stone last time I did it but turned yellow.
My band op was the only time I have been in hospital in my life and to be honest it was a breeze, hoping I can say the same this time. Been told I will be on the table 5-7 hours!!!
Any advice would be welcome
Thanks
Ally

Welcome. Six weeks ago I had 2 in 1 - bypass and hiatus hernia repair. About 4hrs in theatre and 24hrs HDU which is th same as it would have been for just bypass. I was fine. Makes sense to do these at once as it's all in the same area. My recovery was comfortable and uneventful. I'm sure you will be too. Just get that Liver as small as poss by sticking 100% to your LSD. I did a month without faulter, apart from a small gherkin in week 2 as despo to crunch. My discharge papers described my Liver as "modest". I was thrilled.

You can do this - two life-compromising conditions will be history. Just think of the future xx

Hey Ally, fingers crossed that everything will go really well for you! I hope it's as much a 'breeze' as the first time! Good luck with your new start :)

Welcome. That's a long op, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep us posted, good luck with the Pre-Op... It is hard, but just think of the outcome. Hope everything will go well for you. If the pre-op gets too hard, go on here and read some success stories... Always helped me. X

Hi guys

Thank you so much for the kind messages.
Lilacglittergirl, its so nice to hear of someone else having an op out of the norm, I have been thinking all sorts. You know the sort of thing, survival rate x3!!!! But as you say my future is driving me on. Day one diet has gone ok, dietician called me at. 9am to check I was ok told her I was going to do the bovtil, apple juice and sugar free jelly and she basically told me off and said I have to have at least one meal of lean protein, so I have done as on told. :0) x

Loppie im really hopping its going to be a breeze. Well done on your 30lb loss and you only had your op a week ago!!! X
Ines4c I will drfo be asking lots of questions and shouting "help" often x

Back