• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey all im a newbie from gloucester

cheekycriz

Hi everyone i am chris i was referred for a gastric band around 2 years ago and i am nearly there i am seeing Mr Hewin My consultant on thursday and have been told my banding will be within 18 weeks how exciting is there anyone with advice for me or anyone here in my area which is gloucester add me

Welcome, and I'm pleased things are starting to move for you, good luck. :)

Hi everyone i am chris i was referred for a gastric band around 2 years ago and i am nearly there i am seeing Mr Hewin My consultant on thursday and have been told my banding will be within 18 weeks how exciting is there anyone with advice for me or anyone here in my area which is gloucester add me

Hi Chris welcome to the forum im glad you made it here, good luck on thursday with the consultant, im a bander as well as you know so any advice needed just ask ok if i can help you i will do, im sure ther may be some one from your area on our forum.

speak soon

liz xxx

Welcome Chris, am sure someone on here is from your neck of the woods... Good luck on your forthcoming appointment, here's hoping you get banded soon... Which hospital will do your operation? Sorry to ask but if i don't someone will lol...

Hope you enjoy the site, any questions ask, someone always knows the answer :)

my operation will be at gloucester royal hospital all i know is he said as from thursday they have deadlines they have to meet and it is a maximum of 18 weeks im so excited xxx

my operation will be at gloucester royal hospital all i know is he said as from thursday they have deadlines they have to meet and it is a maximum of 18 weeks im so excited xxx

:)wow 18 weeks will soon pass before you know it, i cant blame you for being excited i remember how excited i was at your stage ;) xx

Hi Chris
Welcome i am new here also, everyone is great here.
Best wishes for your op.

thank you guys they have said it has to be within 18 weeks i can wait i have lost 13 stone on my own now i need the tool xxxx

Hiya Chris and welcome to the site there are alot of fantastic people on here and im sure one from you area will be on soon:) Good luck on you up coming appointment and 18 weeks wil go really quickly:)

Sharon xx

thank you guys they have said it has to be within 18 weeks i can wait i have lost 13 stone on my own now i need the tool xxxx

:eek::happy096::clap::talk017::wow: 13 stone.....well done that is amazing. I can only imagine what that feels like I am amazed that is just fab hun xxx :D

knowing i have lost so much weight i am scared it will pile bk on if i dont get it done soon xxx

chris this is the reason i went for banding i could always lose weight as all of can its maintaining that loss thats the big problem for alot of us here and thats why wls is the final option for us here on this forum, banding can and does work but we have to work with it, if we work hard with our tool we recieve from the surgeon then its much easier to maintain the weight loss. i will follow your wls journey with interest and if you ever need me or just a friendly chat than you know im here for you ok x

liz x

they have asked me to consider a sleeve or a bypass but i am unsure help me guys

chris u need to discuss with your surgical team on thursday your eating habbits truthfully so they can help decide which ops best for you hun, best advice i can give is the band will suit you if your a big portion eater but not so well if you like to much sugared foods such as choc ect, good luck and talk to them thorough thursday ok x

Hello again.......im not stalking u honest!!! lol!!!!
We're both obviously looking for the same support. x

hi karen welcome to the forum xxxx glad you found us xxx

thats me im a portioner lol in whichever context you wanna take that in he he xxx

;) lol chris ;) i was also a portion/volume eater rather than a snacker/grazer thats why banding was the correct choice for me and its helped me control my meal sizes x

My niece is a manager in the NHS to ensure 18 week rule compliance. She covers all departments and not just obesity surgery. The rules say that you should have surgery (assuming you qualify) within 18 weeks of the GP letter being received by the hospital. There are ways of stopping the clock e.g if you are sent for special tests but they have to justify if they are late. There are serious penalties if the hospital doesn't comply and she said they are always struggling to meet it which is why people often get called at the last minute to replace someone who cancelled. She said they really struggle with less urgent operations like varicose veins. It's good luck for patients. I only wish I had known at the time or I would have waiting for an NHS operation. I hope you don't wait long.

Back