• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New from Leeds

Starsailor

Helloooo!

This is my first post on this great site. I am just starting the process of having possibly gastric banding on the NHS. I have a great GP and consultant supporting me in this quest. If anyone has experience of the banding process in Leeds, I'd love to hear from you. I think this is going to be a long process, but I'm confident it's going to happen. My GP has just referred me this week. However, I have to go through Leeds Weight Management Services to do this. Again if anyone has experienced the process with LWMS I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading!:)

Welcome to this great and informative site. the people are so helpful.
I'm glad you have got your foot on the first step of the ladder, but as you have already hinted at, it is a long process, so patience is a must.

Kim x :)

hi

i live in leeds and have a gastric band, i had it done at the nuffield in leeds.

i had my first band fill last night.

good luck and if you want any info just let me know

sallie

Hi Starsailor, I'm in Leeds too, am having my band fitted on 22nd Feb at the Nuffield with Dr Sarela. My GP is very supportive, and offered to refer me on the NHS, but I have decided to go down the self funding route so I can have it done sooner.
Whereabouts in Leeds are you?
Hi Sallie, didn't realise you were in Leeds too!

Hi and welcome to the site it is a great place to be. I originally come from Leeds but moved to Cambridge 31 years ago.

I live in Morley. My GP said average time on the list was 2 years unfortunately :( hence why I have raided savings to go to the Nuffield.

hi and welcome xx:D

Yup, saw them in Sheffield not long ago, my friend is married to Ben the drummer! (My one "sort of" claim to fame) x

Wow! That IS a claim to fame! They've taken a bit of a break it seems as a band. And James is doing some stuff on his own. They've never had the success they deserve in my opinion. Love em'.:) Anyway... back to the subject.....:eek:

Back