• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey guess what?

Big an Bouncy

Im obese and I need to lose weight!!
A thunderbolt from the sky,a revelation,the second coming,the end of the world is nigh!(Can you tell I have a sarcastic streak yet!)Went to the docs saw a gp all 8st of her,about my liver area being very swollen and painful,reflux,tired,breathless.Felt yuk all weekend,she says "what can I tell you,you need to lose weight"I gave all my symtoms and she asked "What if you have a blood test and it comes back normal,what will you do then?Well I dont know Miss Marple but I wont be seeing you again!:mad:

Oh for god's sake - defo see a different doctor! Pah to her!

I just love your sense of humour:8855:I have a wicked one, just like you, but it gets me in trouble on here sometimes. But I dont mean anyone any harm Honest:rolleyes:
A thunderbolt from the sky,a revelation,the second coming,the end of the world is nigh!(Can you tell I have a sarcastic streak yet!)Went to the docs saw a gp all 8st of her,about my liver area being very swollen and painful,reflux,tired,breathless.Felt yuk all weekend,she says "what can I tell you,you need to lose weight"I gave all my symtoms and she asked "What if you have a blood test and it comes back normal,what will you do then?Well I dont know Miss Marple but I wont be seeing you again!:mad:[/QUOTE]

I too have the same warped humor and gets me in the kak all the time, work with the public and straight talking and or sarcasm seems not to work too well........ sod em makes me smile lol

oh hun i knw what ya mean ive come across a doc like that b4 and that is why i wont go and see the doc about my sore feet or knees coz i will just get well if you lost weight it would go away oh really sherlock id never thought of that thank you soooooo much for telling me i will go out and do that today wow if this is all ya need to become a doc then im signin up lmao.x

A thunderbolt from the sky,a revelation,the second coming,the end of the world is nigh!(Can you tell I have a sarcastic streak yet!)Went to the docs saw a gp all 8st of her,about my liver area being very swollen and painful,reflux,tired,breathless.Felt yuk all weekend,she says "what can I tell you,you need to lose weight"I gave all my symtoms and she asked "What if you have a blood test and it comes back normal,what will you do then?Well I dont know Miss Marple but I wont be seeing you again!:mad:

Lol, thought you were a newbie then!!!

My Gp is a big big boy id say his BMI was around the 50 mark he wouldnt dare say anything about my weight he knows he'd get a slap!!!!

See her again, she could have the brainstorming idea that if you eat less and exercise more you could lose weight..... Now that would be REVOLUTIONARY!

Good luck with a different gp xx

How long do they train to be doctors...?And how much are they on a year...?And they work how many hours per week...?

pretty much every doctor i have ever seen has blamed whatever complaint i was seeing them for in one way or another on being fat. I once was taken into casualty after falling off a high roof and damaging my knee and the when i saw the doctor in casualty i told him what had happened and the first thing he said is you are very much overweight and i said yes if i was lighter i could have flew down. he didnt see the funny side

I'd have said no *hit sherlock i never knew I had to lose weight and you're the dr so you tell me what you're gonna do if it comes back normal. Drs really get on my tits sometimes (bet you couldn't tell lol) ggggrrrrrrrrr

When they don't know the answer they put it down to weight. See someone else next time and ask for the blood tests. If they come back and you're still non the wiser ask to be refered to someone at the hospital that can help you. I'm so lucky to have a fantastic gp. He's a real family Dr who cares for all my family and I won't see any other gp in the practice. Not once did my gp mentioned my weight untill I asked for the band. I love the way you handled this so get back there and kick assxx

Hahaha I saw the dietician (6 stone flat chested) last week and she tuted and said "well you will just HAVE to lose weight, otherwise your going to get sicker" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I replied "well s**t we cant all be pre-pubscent teenage boys can we" pointing at her :mad::mad:

they dont think before they open there mouths most of them think because their docs they have a right to be tossers and say whhat they please

How long do they train to be doctors...?And how much are they on a year...?And they work how many hours per week...?

somewhere around 7 years to be a house officer (new doc) a further 5 - 10 years on top for a consultant Gp have been docs for about a decade before they go for GP status - and most GP earn well over 150k a year - docs in the hospital earn less from 45k - 120k

oh and they work around 30 - 50 hours a week when there not golfing

its sucks (my dad was a gp, a tubby one - my brother is a neonate consultant - I still hate doctors)

berri xx

Last edited:
Hi B&B i have had an arse doc like that, she was the first doc i saw when registering into the practise i am with, i went to her in agony as my sciatica was so bad and have had no meds for 6 weeks since leaving old doc as could not get a new doc, she said to me.
"Here is a diet sheet follow it 100% and run up and down the stairs 30 times a day" wtf was she on, i was 27 stone with chronic sciatica and in agony i think maybe she thought telling me to do that i would end up with a massive heart attack and drop dead and that would be one less fat person on the surgerty`s books eating up their money !!
Some doctor`s are such frig*in arses i so wonder why they are in the profession, it cant be as they want to help people !!

Stupid doctor. Somtimes they make you so angry don't they? There is nothing that winds me up more than someone stating the obvious.

pretty much every doctor i have ever seen has blamed whatever complaint i was seeing them for in one way or another on being fat. I once was taken into casualty after falling off a high roof and damaging my knee and the when i saw the doctor in casualty i told him what had happened and the first thing he said is you are very much overweight and i said yes if i was lighter i could have flew down. he didnt see the funny side
Ha Ha Thats soooooo Funny!!!

Back