• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey i'm curvy goth

curvygoth

Or Cass as everyone calls me :0)

I was advised here by my gp as i have just been given the funding for gastric surgery, just waiting for a 2nd appt to get the ball rolling. Got the dietician appt next week.

I guess I should tell you a little about me.

Well i'm a mum to 2 beautiful kids and a wife to a gaming geek. I've been told by my gp that this is the only option i've got at losing weight due to an underactive thyroid which i only found out about 2 yrs ago.

I've always been a curvy/big girl even as a kid no matter how active i was i always put on weight. I did martial arts 5 times a week, swimming twice a week plus cycling and other stuff.

I've always been bullied about my weight even now from the 1 person you think would help (my dad) he is forever criticising me about it.

Anyhoo this led me to depression and to a councilor due to low self esteem and other issues.

I'm 28, 5'3.5" size 26 and weigh 22st with a bmi of 55.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi, great to meet you here. I can relate to a lot you have mentioned, especially being bullied. I am sure you will find a lot of support here. I myself am only just starting this journey, I really, really want to my date! Good luck with everything. Ines x

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on getting your funding....do try to get as much research in as possible, there are a lot of options out there for you, make sure you are equipped to choose the right one for you :):)

hey ladies thanks for the welcome. Having gone through all the options with the bariatric team the best one for me is the rny bypass as i'll have more of a chance to lose weight.

I honestly cant wait for my date to come through, i'm not looking forward to the surgery but i am looking forward to the results after.

Hi & welcome. Good luck with your op. I was sleeved at end if Feb this year & was a size 30 just got into size 16. Lost 8 1/2 stones so far & can run. I could hardly walk pre op with chronic sciatic & had dangerously high blood pressure. Now normal & off my medications.
WLS if you do what you are advised is an amazing tool. It is still hard work & you need to be committed but hey wearing one of my new little black dresses & high heels last night is such an amazing feeling.

Hi and welcome :) I've had RNY and I've lost almost 4 stone in 8 weeks. Good luck and I hope you get your date soon.

seen dietician, waiting for second appt with the surgeon and then count down from there.

Its starting to seem more real now.

Hi And welcome, I had my bypass a year ago on 19th of this month. I have gone from a size 28-30 to a 12-14. Best thing ever!

I know how you feel. It will seem more real now, but if you are as impatient as I am, you will hate the waiting. Good luck with everything.x

Back