• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi all am new here

i have been checked for diabetes but i dont have it, i dont sleep very well at and sometime my breathing is really tight i have to sit up to catch my breath.

I'd ask your GP if she can refer you for a sleep apnoea test then as this will go a long way to securing funding if you do have it. You will have a struggle on your hands to get funding unless your BMI is over 50 then you can appeal to the East of England team but that's still no guarantee of being granted it as per Sharron's experience.

Here's their list of criteria:

http://www.cambsphn.nhs.uk/Libraries/Lower_Clinical_Policies/Bariatric_Surgery.sflb.ashx

I know it's dated September 2007 but it's the latest revision of policy at the moment.

thank you very much will discuss this with my gp next visit.
I'd ask your GP if she can refer you for a sleep apnoea test then as this will go a long way to securing funding if you do have it. You will have a struggle on your hands to get funding unless your BMI is over 50 then you can appeal to the East of England team but that's still no guarantee of being granted it as per Sharron's experience.

Here's their list of criteria:

http://www.cambsphn.nhs.uk/Libraries/Lower_Clinical_Policies/Bariatric_Surgery.sflb.ashx

I know it's dated September 2007 but it's the latest revision of policy at the moment.

I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel everyone is watching you but please try your best to stay positive. It is a long journey but I hope you are successful in your journey. Please ask for a sleep study to see if you have sleep apneoa, you will need to travel to Papworth Hospital but it will be worth it if it gets you the funding. I think I might know of you as I am sure your daughter goes to the school I work at. If you want to pm me go ahead. If it does turn out that your daughter does go there I don't mind if you have any questions about wls that you want to ask me.

Hi go to the top of the page and click the user cp. Then scroll down and on the left hand side there is a part that says send new message. I will send you one to see if that helps.

just tried to send you a private message and it wouldn't send. It might be that you need to do some more posts first a good way to get them up is to post on the word association threads.

Unfortunately I don't use them sorry. I have accepted your friend request. Do you pick jj up from school? If you want to pop and see me you are more than welcome. I am in year 3.

cool sharron that would be great to meat with you, and yes i always pick jj up, i am a single mom its just me and jj, so you will be jj's teacher this sep???

am seeing my doctor on monday to discuss this weight loss surgery. any advice sharron i will request to send me to this sleep test.

Ask her to do blood tests to check for diabetes. Definately the sleep test for sleep apneoa. Make sure you know the east anglia criteria here it is bmi>40 with either severe sleep apneoa and or diabetes 2. If it turns out you have neither of those things you can apply to the exceptional cases team but it is a long drawn out battle so please be prepared for that. I think I told you I waited 13 months for funding and have still not had the surgery but getting closer (hope to have a date on Friday). She may want you to attend Addenbrookes obesity clinic first, I did that for a year but do whatever they want whilst you are waiting because they always want to know what you have done to try and loose the weight. Best of luck so hope you get it.

thank you very much will do that, and all the best with yours as well.i am quite shy person i dont say much, but i would like to thank everyone who advices me and welcome me i will keep you posted with my progress.

Back