• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all I'm new lol!!!

lovebubbles

Hi! I am 27 & I live in Milton Keynes & am approx 8.5 stone overweight, I have joined here as have been recommended by a friend. I am currently taking the tablet xenical but tbh its not doing alot for me as its affecting other tablets I am on (anti depressants) Gastric band is something that has always been in the back of my mind, but unsure what the process is, if I will get funding or not! Any tips or advice would be greatly recieved! Thanks

Welcome bubbles!

You'll find all the info you need to make a choice here. Any questions, just ask away.

I tried Xenical and it wasn't for me either - same with the anti-depressants.

Good luck :D

Just want to welcome to the site, not sure about the band, but I am sure you will find out loads from the peeps on here who have had it.:)

Hiya - welcome to WLS! your in the right place for help and advice - have a good nosy about hun youl soon find the answers yours looking for or if not, ask away they always be someone around to help, good luck with the xenical x

Hi Lovebubbles, I know you and you are a lovely young lady who should go for it! Stick around on here and ask, post, ask,post,ask away. First step go and see your GP and ask him for a referral for weight loss surgery. I will message you on facebook with what to say. Its a long journey but the sooner you start the sooner you get on the journey. Be firm with your doctor.
read away on here for inspiration babe its a real joy this site is and everyone is so nice.

Love you xxx

Hi LoveBubs and Welcome; lots of people on here waiting for surgery for gastric bands or have already had it. Try talking to your GP and see whether you qualify. A lot depends on not just your weight but also other health issues; and remember it could be a long wait for a result so try to be patient. The folks on here are very friendly and helpful and the more you log in the more you will learn each and every day.............as well as making lots of new friends.

Good Luck with your journey

Kat x

Hiya :) Welcome ! First stop is to speak to your GP and take it from there. Go with an open mind as regards which op because the surgeon will advise you on the type which suits you best. Be honest about your eating habits and take time to read up here on peoples experiences, it's a real eye opener.
I have lost over 9 stone with my band so it is possible to lose your excess with one.
Go chat to the doc and see how it goes from there. Take care x

Hi bubbles
i just wanted to say welcome to the site, i am afraid i dont know anything about bands (unless you mean take that or Bros (remember them?) but i am sure you will find loads of people on here willing to give you advice and support
good luck hun
xxx

Hello Lovebubbles, i think i know your aunty :) lovely lady!

Right firstly get onto BOSPA and check out the criteria for your area. Secondly find out what the comorbidities are (diabetes/sleep apnoea/hypertension etc) which you may have that can help to support a funding application.

Take this information to your gp (along with any evidence of slimming clubs you probably have tried - if you still have it) along with a partner/parent/good friend to see your gp and help support you in asking for this life changing surgery!

Then when you get referred be very honest with the consultant and answer all their questions about your eating habits and take their advice about surgery. I know gastric bands are not as drastic as a gastric bypass but just bear in mind a band is 70% you and 30% band, the figures are reversed for bypassers so i've been led to believe.....

I wish you well on your journey and hope you get the right answers real soon xxx

Hello 'Lovebubbles'... lovely user name!

So glad you have found us, we are addicted to this site... I've tried to escape... there was no hope...

Hope you feel able to explore your thoughts and concerns.... there is always someone who has done it or wears the tee shirt....

Good luck on your WLS journey.... love and hugs xxxxx

hi im in exactly the same situation im 34 my bmi is 44 and done the diets and the xenical tablets and im at the biggest i have ever been. i seen my gp on 2 accounts and asked to be refered for wls but find him very obstructive and still as yet no referal he has run blood tests and today i found out my blood sugar (fasted) was 8.2 so im back there tomorrow for more tests.Dont give up hope huni i no its soooooo fustrating but i have had some lovely people give me advise and guidance on here i too only signed up today but no longer feel all alone xxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for all your lovely replies, sitting here crying reading them all especially yours auntie!

I am going to make an appt to see my dr as soon as, only problem is I am currently going through fertility treatment so I have a feeling that might delay anything they will be able to do, but we shall see, Thanks ladies xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for all your lovely replies, sitting here crying reading them all especially yours auntie!

I am going to make an appt to see my dr as soon as, only problem is I am currently going through fertility treatment so I have a feeling that might delay anything they will be able to do, but we shall see, Thanks ladies xxxxxxxxx

Keep me informed precious, good luck with everything. Love ya!

Auntie xxx

Back