• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My PCT want a statement from me re: funding

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

Before I send this off to my PCT do any of you have any advice on how I can improve it?

Thank you for your letter dated 2nd August 2010. I have enclosed the form you asked me to fill in. Below is my written statement.

I have always been overweight, I cant remember being less than 13 stone. I am now over 21 stone. All my family are overweight.
But my weight is now affecting my life:-

I have type II Diabetes and I take have insulin jabs twice a day.
I am on blood pressure tablets and cholesterol tablets
My BMI is 59>

I am on Anti depressants because of my weight
My mobility is getting more and more restricted
I hate big crowds because I feel so self conscious.
I am ashamed to leave the house
I have tried every diet club and every diet pill and I want to be healthy and fit. Why haven't I lost weight then? Unless you have a weight problem yourself you may not understand.
I know bariatric surgery is my last option and I am so geared for it to work for me.

I am happily married to my childhood sweetheart, we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in this month. My husband loves me whether I am fat or not, so I am very fortunate.
We have 3 adopted children aged 29, 27 and 12 (All of which I passed the medicals to adopt) But I failed a medical 2 years ago to adopt a 14month old baby that we had fostered since birth. This was a huge blow and I again tried to loose weight the conventional way to no avail.

My husband and I foster relinquished babies and get them ready to be moved onto adoption. I love this job and it is so worthwhile but unless I do something about my weight I wont be able to do it for much longer. We used to foster toddlers but I can no longer do this as it is too much physically!

Most days I feel ' a struggle' physically. At the moment my knees are very painful and I am struggling to even get around the house.

I KNOW bariatric surgery will work for me, as a tool to getting me to a healthy weight, also benefiting my family too.

Please consider me for funding. Both my parents were morbidly obese and dies prematurely. My Mother died of heart problems, at 52 aged 69 my father of Cancer. I want to live to see my 3 grand children grow up.

Yours very sincerely,

That seems very comeprehensive to me. I would give you the funding :D wish I could hun..........good luck X

i think that seems very fair!! i wish you all the best in getting your funding! you seem to meet all the criteras, tho i do think its shame you ve to do this, they can clearly see you want/need the surgery and to have to basically 'persaude' someone to agree the funding seems a little wrong, but thats out of our control hey i wish you all the best and send luck x

If I win the lottery on Saturday I will give you the funding on Monday. Count on it. All I need is the right 6 numbers
Jo XX

I wish you all the very best .

sounds good to me hun - they cant turn you down on that surely! in the long run you will cost the NHS more money in diabetes jabs alone than it would cost them giving you surgery by the sounds of things

Great letter Lou. I hope with all my heart you get the funding.

how can they refuse a letter like that:cry:.
good luck.

I'm praying for you Lou, you do so much good for all those kids, it would be wrong to deny you xx

You are all so wonderful on here. So encouraging, thanks to you all.xxx

All the very best Lou and lets hope it will be good news very soon indeed... did you go to the Salford meeting last night?
With every good wish and sending you a 'humungous hug' and loads of luck xxx

Back