• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi all im new to this

talia88

Just want to see what was out there and if there was any groups for what we r all doing im talia im 26 from bradford and im awaiting gastric bypass surgery iv had my per-op waiting for my date as much as I have people to talk to its hard as thy dnt no how I feel or what im going trew so hi all :)) xxx

Hi and welcome hun I had my bypass last November and I've lost just over 100lbs :)

Wow thats amazing how r u coming with life after ur bypass and a big well done xx

I have been really lucky tbh I've sailed thru, no pain at all, apart from a bit of tiredness in the 2-3 weeks post op you'd not know I'd had anything done, food wise I know what I can and can't eat, and best of all I have my life back and I can shop in "normal" cheap shops I can walk for ages without pain :)

Trying to work out hw to use this sigh lol so im a bit slow wow thats amazing after ur op did u fo ur self a diet plan or owt and how was u on the 2 week diet if u dnt me asking lol xx

The pre-op diet I did was milk/yog/oxo/jelly it was hard at first but after day 3 it got much easier :) Post op I followed my providers instructions.

Hi Talia and welcome. I had a bypass done just nearly 2 weeks ago and I feel great, have lost 14.5 lbs in the last 2 weeks, which is just great. I haven't really felt any pain, just a bit tired half way through the day. Definitely glad I did it. Don't feel like I've had anything done at all yet apart from that I'm not interested in food at all. xx

Hi thanks wow well done thats great news how long did u hav to wait from ur per op to ur op date thts great tht ur nt intrested in food thats my big worry that im gonna be stuck in my same ways as I am not I no not to this extent but still worrys me xx

Ours wasn't that way round. My pre-op was the week before the op. I started my journey in April last year, saw the Dietician and Psychologist a few times and the Surgeon once. Was put on the waiting list in January, got my date at the beginning of April for the surgery on 15th May. Everywhere seems to have a different process.

Hi ye it is all different bit crazy how different really im hoping its in the next few months im 100 percent ready to gice thus my all ready then ill never be :)xx

Hi & welcome to the site talia :) hopefully you won't have too long to wait now to get your op.

hi welcome and good luck for your journey

It's a bit of a roller coaster ride of emotions pre op then wham that's it your all done, dusted and on the other side ready to start a new life. Read everything you can to prepare yourself and don't be scared to ask any questions ;)
Nine months out and loving my bypass :)

Thank u all and I hope I mean new ppl trying to get my head round how it works an all tht lol good luck to u also xx

Wow 9months thts good :) I cant wait im going to read loads once I no hw to use this properly an no where to start lol im so exited the day I go 4 my op is the first day of the rest of my life cant come soon anuff xxx

Back