• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im a newbie from manchester

stacey-marie

hi everyone im new i decided to have my gastric bypass after my fiance and i lost our perfect lil boy at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia which is common is overweight and high blood pressured mums to be (doctors also say it runs in families) so all we want is a healthy lil baby xx
anyway im in week 3 of my post op and iv lost 23 pounds im so happy but iv not lost anything in week 3 im starting to worry im not gonna loose more than 23 pounds is this normal ????

Hi:chores016:
I just wanted to wish you luck for all that's ahead. You've got such a powerful reason to succeed with it. I'm so sorry that you lost your little boy.
I'm a newbie too, so unfortunately I can't give you much advice! I'm having the balloon inserted on monday, (ARGHHHHH), & getting nervous now!

Take care
Lins:17729:

Good Luck x

Hi

I am new to the forum and have my pre assessment next tuesday at the spire in manchester.....am nervous as hell!! any ideas what they will ask? do? say? funding been approved so its the process at the hosp now

xx

Hi

I'm also new and joined late last night so just wanted to wish you all the best.

Keep in touch through the forums

Take Care

Andy x

Hi and welcome. So sorry to hear about your loss.
It is normal for your weight loss to stall in the beginning, as your body goes into stavation mode. This is where it thinks it isn't gonna get much more fuel (food) and so holds on to what is already there. Keep up the good, hard, work and your body will learn that food will keep coming, just less of it, and you'll notice the weight slip away.
Best of luck with your weight loss journey, and best wishes for a healthy, happy future. xx

Hi and welcome to this friendly and informative site.

Sorry I can't advise you about the weight loss as I am only one week post op at the moment myself, but I am sure that some of the other memebers would be able to give you their thoughts.

Welcome on board and good luck with all your future plans honey. xx:)

Hi and welcome from me too :). I too have exactly the same problem as yourself in that I lost really well in the first two weeks but nothing at all in week three. Thankfully thanks to the advice on here my mind has been put as rest and I just hope that my body starts to behave very soon and starts losing weight again:)

I was so sorry to hear about your loss of your little baby. I wish you all the very best for the future sweetheart:)

Hi Wints I've got my appt Monday at Fylde Spire i have same questions :) but i cried when i got letter today just keep telling myself something could still go wrong to stop it happening :( they're brilliant on here and i'm sure someone will answer us soon xx good luck on tuesday x

Hello and welcome, I would also like to say I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully your weight will start and drop off again and your health will improve for your future.

Hi, I have had a couple of "stalls" but then just as I was thinking "see, told you it wouldnt work for me" - there goes another half stone!! You cant help but lose with this op - just a matter of being patient! You wont believe you even wrote those words in another 4 weeks and you suddenly look in a mirror and see how your body is changing!! Good luck!!

Hiya welcome to the site good luck with your journey x

Back