• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi all

kerrylee37

[url=http://www.TickerFac
havent been on here in ages feel very low
ive had 2 fILLS now GOT 8ML IN BAND and i can still eat anything, phone hospital group and was told oh no you wont benifit until your over 10.5ml in your band WHY DONT THEY TELL YOU THIS WHEN YOUR LOOKING INTO HAVING A BAND GIVE YOU HOPE THAT THE BAND WILL WORK STRAIGHT AWAY, IVE LOST THE PLOT NOW back to my old ways be bad and think right ill be good tomorrow and i start eating crap again not losing a thing yes the band is working a bit cant eat certain food but not getting full up signs like your meant too so i carry on eating ,really feel angry and let down i cant diet alone that is why i got this bloodly thing ,i really wished i never bothered having the op and spent my money on something else
kerryps hope your all doing well

I really feel for you Kerry but as a bypasser I can't give you any advice. But I'm sure our lovely Neen will be along soon with her wonderful support & advice.

Please don't give up..........

I am totally with you on that Kerri.
I had second fill this week after totally going back to old ways. I was then only told that it takes 3 plus fills usually to find an individuals optimal restriction and that everyone is different. Also, I was told band fill max amount is 10ml????? Thats the most anyone can have and thats almost completely closing the stomach over entirely.
..... xx

ive got band that can have 14.5 ml so got date for 7nov up london again hoping ill get better result from this i need my band totally closed cause i eat crap

Having a tight band will not stop you eating crap unfortunately. As I said before, you have to choose healthy foods and be strict with yourself.
The band will be in the background helping you eat smaller portions of the right foods but if you eat crap then you are going to be wasting the help the band gives you.
I wish it did it all for us but it doesn't.

I can only re-iterate what I posted back a few weeks ago

What a band does is help you eat smaller portions of the right foods WHEN you get good restriction.

You want to be eating as much veg, fruit and lean protein as you can. You can eat some wholegrain cereals and breads in moderation as these give you fibre, energy and help fill you up. I'm saying this because you aren't yet anywhere near decent restriction and you aren't going to be straight away.
Just going to add here that everyone feels restriction at different fill levels...some people only need a small amount of fill...some need it almost maxed out...there is no hard and fast rule for everyone here

Also...an overtight band will not stop choc, crisps and ice cream etc....if you eat that stuff too much of the time you will not lose weight...no matter how loose or tight your band is.

Aim to eat every 4 hours in the daytime so that you don't get too hungry. This is what is happening to you at the moment and no wonder you go off and eat a lot of the old foods that got you into trouble in the first place.

Have some snacks ready prepared for you to have mid morning and mid afternoon so that you can go to them and avoid your blood sugar dropping right down between meals.
This is what is happening when you find you are starving hungry.

Have a bowl of drained tuna (in brine) mixed with a splash of vinegar and balck pepper ready in the fridge to dig into. This is really excellent for you, hardly any fat and very very filling. You can eat a whole tin and it will not do you any harm at all.

Also get a pack of almonds or walnuts and have a few of them (half a dozen) to nibble before tea to get the edge off

A couple bananas or apples , or a mullerlight

Make sure you have a snack ready for you to grab mid morning and mid afternoon.

At your current weight you can still have quite a nice generous calorie allowance and lose weight so don't be scared to eat regularly as long as you choose a healthy food.

What this is going to do is help you avoid getting so desparate that you eat uncontrollably and damage all your efforts.

Drink as much nice cold water and sugarfree squash as you can.

Get yourself some sugarfree lollipops to have when you fancy something sweet..

And most of all, stop running the same old negative thoughts round and round in your head...they are doing NOTHING for you apart from keeping you fat and making you give up every time you make a little mistake.

If you accidently choose something you wish you hadn't, straight away forget it and get back to taking one day at a time.
You can do it , try and stop expecting yourself to fail and remember to take it a day and a pound at a time.
xxxxxxx

Also want to add, if you are struggling to keep going just have a once a week treat day where you have what you fancy but try and limit the amounts so you don't undo all your hard work.
One day a week of crappy food is far better than everyday.

Last edited:
Hi Kerry,

I have been wondering where you were and how you are getting along....

Don't give up and don't feel negative... try and turn yourself around, you can do it.

Neen has such a wealth of knowledge and is so supportive alongside the other banders on here... is there any way you can link into the forum more often and hang onto us to try and help yourself through this.

I'm not a bander, but I would help in any possible way...

I've only just taken my feet off my avatar... but I can't shout loudly enough... 'It's got to be your best foot forward' and it really does start with us individually...

Come on Kerry... let's get on with it.

Sending a loving hug as always and keep in touch precious!

xxx

Back