• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all

carebear1

Hi all,
I'm sal from North london Mum of two boys(10 and 2) but i'm also legal guardian to my brother(14)

Been struggling with my weight since I was preg with my first son(went to 15st from 11st) and have not been able to shift it and keep it of since. Been on loads of diets but lost the most on the Cambridge weight loss plan 5 stone but put it back on plus 3 more.

Went to the GP about WLS in sep of last yr and got an appointment on 18 oct at Homerton hospital at that appointment I was seen by the dieticians and had bloods done,attended a group seminar and saw a surgeon who recommended a bypass. I was told to lose between 1-2 stone and they would call me back in April but if i lose it before then i should call them. Been reading post and noticed a few people have been to homerton and i wanted to know if this is how you had your appointments and what happened at the 2nd one(mine being in April)

Also i'd like to go on the Cambridge diet to lose that 2 stone then just maintain but don't know if thats ok for me to do? does it have to be healthy eating weightloss?

any help appreciated thanks

Hiya,

not sure about the Cambridge diet, but my thoughts are that it doesn't matter how you lose the weight prior to the surgery. But once you get to the pre-op diet it is important to stick to the hospital's requirements and advice.

I haven't been to Homerton hospital. Just wanted to say hello and :welcome: to this forum. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help with your questions.
Good luck on your journey!

Hi Sal

I cant help you about the cambridge diet, just wanted to say hi as im a newbie too..:)

Nicky xx

Hi and welcome, I don't think it matters how u lose it as long as u do cus u wouldnt wanna miss out on the chance of surgery I'm sure u will lose it and meet the requirements set good luck xx

Hi! Just an idea! :) before I got to have WLS (long story but thought I was then was told my dr was quiting so I was left out in the cold when it was time to schedual my surgery date!)
So I decided to loose weight by myself, & followed the South Beach diet plan. I lost over 35 lbs. in about 3 months. The weight seem to come off rather quickly.
I am in the US, but I'm sure you can find the South Beach book over there. Its basically all the vegis, eggs, meat (lean) & cheese you want. You eat till satisfied. I usually had some sort of eggs for breakfast, salad with lost of goodies (meat, cheese, eggs, ect) for lunch, and meat with veggis, & small side salad for dinner.
So no carbs, low fats! :)
Just an idea of something you may want to try.
Hope everything goes well for you.
Keep in touch

Hi and welcome to the site xx

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies :D
Thanks bran I have heard of the south beach diet and i have been doing something similar(no carbs and low fat everything else and lentils,pulses to make it more filling) to it but I can't stop cheating that's why I should eat nothing

LOL! That's why we all end up here, diets don't work! :)
Well I hope you figure out what works for you, until you have your WLS!
:) Bran

Just wanting to wish you well and sending a warm hug for your journey xxx

Thanks Bran and Bev

Welcome to the forum Sal. I also have to lose just under 2 1/2 stone before my op at end of April, and I am trying all sorts of things to shift it quickly.

I can't see that it matters which way you lose the weight so long as you do get rid of it. The only important thing is to stick to your pre-op diet when you are given it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to follow.

Thanks ladies

I've decided to go with the CD and start it tomorrow after i've seen the doctor hopefully

Back