• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi all

trayj99

I am a newbie!!!
My name is Tracy, I am currently waiting to see my surgeon to discuss having the gastric sleeve. Has anyone else had this done, and can offer advice? I have a severe reflux problem, which I have already had surgery for, but the excess weight I carry means it has not been succesful, so I really need to lose weight. I currently weigh 116 kilo's.
I have tried diets etc, but the weight is not shifting quick enough.
Any advice would be great.

xxx

Hi Tracy, welcome! Sorry can't help re sleeve as I'm scheduled for a bypass - didn't want to read and run. Hopefully someone else will come along soon who might help more:)

Same as minxie didn't want to read and run. Im post op bypasser ai can't help. All I can say is my mother in law is a week out from sleeve, is very comfortable and happy with op! There'll be someone who can help you along shortly!

hi guys, thanks for the replies... i have already been told by my surgeon i can have it done, the next app is to schedule the op if i want it... i'm nervous thou as its a relativly new procedure and cant find much long term info on it x

Brilliant news!! I assume you've checked out BOSPA website? They have info on all procedures? X

erm nope, i found this site throu a friend who is on here, but i havnt looked at any others i shall now thanks x

Welcome to the forum Hun I am in for bypass end of August so no sleeve experience there are however lots sleeve members that I am sure will reply to you. Have a good look around the forum there is lots of great information and never feel embarrassed about asking seemingly daft questions.

BigDave

I only assumed as it seems to ne the go to site that a lot of teams suggest. There's WLInfo site too! Happy researching x

Hi Tracy, I had sleeve gastrectomy 18 months ago and have lost just over 7 1/2 stone. it was the best decision ive ever made, ive never been happier. I used to get acid reflux before the weight loss from time to time, but nothing that zantac wouldnt ease. since the surgery ive not had any reflux!!
hope this helps, if you need anymore advice dont hesitate to ask. take care, donnax

Hi i had my sleeve in April this year and have lost about 8 stone. best thing i ever did.need any info just ask.xx

wow thanks, i guess i'm just worried bout never being able to eat properly again! Can you still have a normal diet after, only smaller portions of course, or do you have to avoid certain foods? Have you experienced any sickness at all? How long was you in hosp for and off work??? Basically everythin you can tell me!!! x

Hi

I had a sleeve done on 21/05/2011.
To date I've lost 3st 13lbs (including 2 week pre op diet). I have no regrets at all :)
I was off work for 8 weeks but did have some complications straight after my op. I eat healthily and have teeny tiny portions. Best part is that I hardly ever feel hungry which is great!
Good luck with your surgery xx

I was pooly so stayed in hosp for a bit longer than most, other people that had the sleeve were going home after 3days. i have 5 wound holes 1 was for my drain (which did hurt for a few days) i had 4 weeks of pureed food about 2/3 teaspoons full 6 times a day. (some days i did feel sick) then moved on to solied food, i eat my protien 1st i don't eat bread. when i go out i have a childs meals and that is to big. i try not to over eat so when i feel full i stop. i shop at morrisons an d there kids meal is far to big. i was off work for 8 weeks and i felt i needed the time off. i took up walking at week 5 and im addicted to it. i still only feel sick if i eat to much.

i guess the other thing i'm worried about is excess skin after the surgery, i know i'm young...ish! and it should shrink back but it worries me that i will have a lot left and i'll hate my new body... i need to lose about 8 stone i reckon, and thats a lot... x

Back