• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Start ?

Cheshire Lady

Hi. I am new to this site but have been banded now for 4.1/2 years.
I initially lost about 3 stone but after many episodes of reflux, I stopped having fills and just resigned myself to the fact I had reached where I was going to be... my weight has slowly been creeping up and now find myself a stone heavier.
So it's time to re asses and take some advice from you good people.
My initial thoughts were should I look at revising to a sleeve ?
Do sleevers (???) suffer with night reflux ?
Is their a minimum BMI qualification ?
Do hospitals offer a reduction in price if your band has not worked for you ?
Or does anybody have advice to stop my night chokes so I could perhaps have another fill ?
My old forum is not active now & I got loads of really helpful advise when I was first done so I'm really glad to have found you guys...
CL xx

Hi!! I have had no issues with acid or reflux personally with my sleeve. My bmi was just under 32 when I had my sleeve privately. Read read and read a bit more to get some good information and all the best x

Hi. I had the same problem with the band. I would wake up choking and one incident I was on holiday and nothing would go down for 12hrs even salvia. I had a revision to a sleeve 7 weeks ago and am very happy. To remove the band is the same cost as to have it in here in the Uk.

Back