• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all

nigelc

My surgery was originally planned from sept to dec this year, I thought it would be realistically in October. I get a call from the hospital yesterday telling me my surgery has been booked for the 10th of August..... I don't feel prepared, I have to go in this friday to book in and start my diet, it's all too real now, I'm getting scared.

Wishing you the very best of luck, I had my surgery in April and have no regrets, I have lost almost 5 stone and feel fantastic, just think the sooner the better, get it over and done with and start looking to the future

All the best

Kim

nothing to be scared about,just think of it this way 'you get to start your new life sooner then u thought' wishing u all the luck in the world xx

Hi good luck :)
Maybe a goodthing going in so quickly less time to be nervous. And a new slim you by Christmas Holidays

hey Nigel, welcome and good luck, you will be fine, start getting excited and look forward to your new healthier slimmer life :) xxx

Kizzy70 said:
Wishing you the very best of luck, I had my surgery in April and have no regrets, I have lost almost 5 stone and feel fantastic, just think the sooner the better, get it over and done with and start looking to the future

All the best

Kim

5 stone since April, wow that's fantastic, I hope I can do that...

Hi Nigel and welcome. Wow that does not happen very often, people normally have to wait a while. Embrace it and turn the fear into excitement. Good luck xxx

Welcome Nigel - enjoy your early fortune, I was told it would be nigh on impossible to get surgery on NHS so funding myself. Not complaining mind, just excited for 3 August!

Hello & welcome :)
I felt the same way as you. I went for my pre op day at the hospital in April and assumed that my surgery would be around the end of August but it was May 24th!
I felt totally unprepared. I went from 4 years of fighting to get my op, to 4 weeks of fighting my nerves to make sure I went through with it!
It's good in a way that your op is coming around so soon, it means that you won't have time to over think things as you're going to need all your time and energy to start your pre op diet and prepare yourself for your surgery! :D
I hope that everything goes great for you x

Thanks for the great welcome guys, I find reading all your comments very encouraging and appreciate the support.

Went shopping today looking for stuff to buy for when I start my diet Friday, think I'll go have my last Mc Donald's Thursday :)

Hi and really nice to see you on hear I can understand your nerves about short notice but you'll be fine when you start the diet stay focused and soon you'll be on the other side that's post op side off cause

Back