• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
that is great news, you sound very positive. was it the bypass you had done? how did it go? im having mine done on 21.5.14

My op went very well and yes I had bypass. Everyone has done a great job with pain management and the pain settles right down after the third day. I'm currently eating soup and yogurt and on free fluids. Can't wait to get home and start my new life! I have absolutely no regrets.

Yayyy well done and welcome to the losers bench. Now rest up, take your time and heal well hun :)

congrats and rest for a speedy recovery

Hey all, I got home yesterday evening and settling in well managed a weetabix with generous amount of milk for breakfast taking it slow and was just the right amount to fill me up, so will be my default start to the day for time being. I've been having plenty of fluids and not eaten anything yet that has disagreed with me but I'm sticking strictly to suggestions from my care team which are...

Post op weeks 1-4 puree consistency

BREAKFAST:- porridge. Ready Brek with skimmed/semi-skimmed milk. Weetabix saturated with skimmed/semi-skimmed milk.

LUNCH:- liquidised soup e.g, pea and ham, lentil, chicken and rice. very soft mashed potato with finely minced meat.

EVENING MEAL:- Shepherds pie with well cooked carrots. Fish in white sauce with very soft mashed potatoes and we'll cooked swede.

PUDDINGS/SNACKS:- sugar free custard/Angel Delight/instant whip. low fat/low sugar milkshake. low fat/diet yogurt or fromage frais. Fruit juice.

Looking ahead to weeks 4 - 8 etc things start getting more exciting with range of ideas. I'll be sure to let you all know if I eat anything that I can't tolerate.

Sounds like your doing great, and your doing so well with the foods already its a really positive start. How's the pain now? did you stay in hospital just 2 nights?

Any idea why after having a sleeve it's liquid only compared to bypas? I'd love a weetabix in the morning ?

adrienne it is down to the provider on what they suggest some people with bands have liquids rather than purees its not the op type but the providers preference maybe speak with your team and ask if you can try purees

I had a bypass and had fluids ONLY for 4 weeks, then sloppies/pureed for 4 weeks and then went on to 'normal' food. You really should stick to the fluids only as advised by your bariatric team, so your new plumbing can heal. They don't tell you to do things for fun, it is a necessity!

It passes quickly and it is better to be safe than sorry!

Yes your absolutely right, lady thing anyone wants is yo end up back in hospital ?
I'm seeing my surgeon on Monday so I'll be discussing this with him amongst a lot of other things, there were a lot of discrepancies between what my dietician recommended compared to my surgeon which has always made me feel rather uncomfortable, I had clarification on most points prior to surgery, clearly else I wouldn't have continued with the process! But it will be nice to just get a few things cleared up for sure

I'll update you once I have been on Monday
Thank you

Hi all,
This is my first post!
I am very early days and just got the paperwork to sign from my GP committing to start the tier 3 programme. I am Eastleigh area and paperwork for the tier 3 programme is from Spire Southampton so guessing I will be on same 6 month programme??
To anyone who is from same area, what was your BMI at start of programme and after, and how did you convince them on the programme to give you the referral for surgery?
My BMI is 46 currently.
Thanks in advance xxx

Back