• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
hi and goodluck with your journey

New here myself too. Welcome and all the best x

Thanks everyone, I'm really liking this community. The only thing bugging me is all the forum restrictions, but can understand the need for them. I'm just not very patient I guess lol.

Hi all,

I saw the anaesathist yesterday, and had lots of bloods taken and the anaesathist is happy with everything so far. What happens next is dependent on the sleep apnea study. If it is positive then I have to undergo a five week cpap regime before I can go on the preoperative diet and have my operation, if on the other hand everything is ok then they will go ahead and put me on the preoperative diet to prepare me for Surgery. I'm still feeling really positive and if there are any delays I don't think it will have a major impact on time scale.

Good luck keep us updated xxx

Hey everyone! Since I last checked in life has been like a roller coaster. My sleep study verified I have sleep apnea but very minimal and there are no concerns, I'm on CPAP anyway just to improve things before my operation which is on the 4th of March! B-) the start of my pre-op diet is imminent. To top things off, and against all odds a long term friend and amazing woman decided to tell me that she loved me, so she's coming along for the ride too! I had no idea? Things are bliss. God is good.

two is company after all!

:( :( so sorry hun at least you have a new date though and it's not too far away ;( xx

Tier 3 of the weigh ahead programme

My GP suggested I consider weight loss surgery some time ago but declined because, A. I wanted to try and do it on my own, and B. prior to the discussion I had been in hospital a considerable length of time and wasn't a pleasant experience. On the plus side I survived but on the negative I am now unable to walk without the aid of crutches due to nerve damage.

Because of this I have struggled to lose and maintain weight, so I asked GP for help and was put on a weight management course (The Weigh Ahead) with Spire Hospital Southampton.

I have completed tier 3 of the course and have received a letter recommending surgery. I am now waiting to see what happens next. I will be sharing my journey with everyone here including all the good, bad and ugly stuff in the hope others will find it useful and also hoping that those who are ahead of me can support and encourage me.

I too have completed the tier three in the Way Ahead programme, and managed to hit my targets. I had a letter to say they (The Spire at Southampton) recommended the referral for bariatric surgery. I had a telephone call from The Alexandra Hospital to make appointments, late November. I saw a surgeon and dietician in early January this year, last month I saw another dietician and this month I am about to see the anaethetist. I started my Weigh Ahead Programme in May of 2013, and completed in November 2013.

Big welcome to luckyknickers57 it sounds like you're pretty close now so best of luck, it will be worth it. I had my surgery as planned on the 1st April and it went well. My surgeons were Shaw Somers and Nick Carter I'm still at the Q.A. As I write because my drain is not ready to come out yet and I have a water infection which I have oral antibiotics for but I feel fine and hoping to get out tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday.

Back