• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi and sorry if already been asked

CHUCKY

hi all i am almost 2 weeks post op open bypass and i am having trouble opening my bowels, How often do people go after bypass and is it usually hard or same as pre op.
Thanks in advance

I didn't "go" until 6 days after my surgery, then I was regular after that.

Hope that helps

xxx

I had diahorrea for about two days when I was 3 days post op and then it settled down. Now it fluctuates between rabbit droppings and normal! I would call your surgical team for advice to be honest - you may need some fibrogel but best to check.

In the early days you will only be taking in fluids so don't worry too much about how often you need to poo at first.

I think I went every three days or so at first, but once I was on the runny food stage week two onwards, I upped this to every two days or so, and now I am an almost daily plurper

Make sure your fluid levels are high as dehydration can cause constipation, and if it continues or you feel and pain get your bum to your GPs for a proper assessment

I am sure you will be fine honey

Make sure your fluid levels are high as dehydration can cause constipation, and if it continues or you feel and pain get your bum to your GPs for a proper assessment

I

I am taking my bum for proper assessment this afternoon!! Am also two weeks post op and I am practically passing out when needing to poo. But am drinking about 5 pints daily! So you have all my sympathies. Hope it improves. xxxx:kissass:

im having trouble julie after being in hospital last week too.xx

i'm a week post bypass, and had constipation when i went into hospital, which i had to clear before i came out of hospital and i find that i go very hot and sweaty and feel a lot of strain all for a very tiny poop!! am finding its every 2 or 3 days now.

You have to remember that you arent eating the quantity of food you did pre op so theres less waste....

thaks guys
i am 2 weeks post op but on puree not liquid
i have made homemade veg and quorn soup so going to eat that today and trying to drink more so hopefully things will get moving soon.

take care all

Back