• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie

Well done Dream :)

Hi all,

Hope all are well. Well, so far since I attended my appointment, I've done my best and have lost a stone since seeing the consultant mid august. Next week I start the 11week healthy weight programme, where I want to loose some more weight before seeing my consultant again early next year. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I want this surgery, so I'm going to work hard to loose some more. With Christmas round the corner, my sisters wedding next March, I want to fit into the dress she wants for her Bridesmaids, but they go nowhere near my size. So I need to get down to a 22max (down from a 32/34). Six months to do it. :)

I hope all your journeys are going well and budge up all, I'm heading for the losers' bench!
Thanks for listening, Michelle x

Last edited:
Well, it's been a while since I've been on here. Since September last year, a lot has happened. I am closer to getting the bypass.

Well, I completed the healthy weight course which led onto a course where I saw a Dietition in a group setting to learn about the different surgeries, funding, support groups, pros/cons, life after surgery etc. The group ran over six weeks, up to Christmas. So since the New Year, I've focussed on loosing weight prior to surgery to make it safer to operate. I have been to 3x dietitian appointments over the last three months with two different dietitian's, both have now written letters of support, both glowing, supported with my weight loss while under their support team. I am now awaiting the Psychological assessment next month, which I am looking forward to with some nervousness, though I am currently on a reduction of Citalopram as coming off it. Then it's back to see the consultant next month or early May. From what the dietitian team have said, I am a strong candidate for surgery in their view, now just need to get through the next hurdle and on to a brighter, with more breath!, future! :)

Hi everyone, Thank you for the welcomes. Well, a little update. I got referred on Friday to Treliske bariatric team. Got a letter in the post today requesting I contact them asap to speak to the consultant. So will do that tomorrow. Hopefully the ball is now rolling so to speak. :)
Hi I'm currently waiting for surgery at Trelisk I've got my appointment with the surgeon on 2nd May

Well, it's been a while since I've been on here. Since September last year, a lot has happened. I am closer to getting the bypass.

Well, I completed the healthy weight course which led onto a course where I saw a Dietition in a group setting to learn about the different surgeries, funding, support groups, pros/cons, life after surgery etc. The group ran over six weeks, up to Christmas. So since the New Year, I've focussed on loosing weight prior to surgery to make it safer to operate. I have been to 3x dietitian appointments over the last three months with two different dietitian's, both have now written letters of support, both glowing, supported with my weight loss while under their support team. I am now awaiting the Psychological assessment next month, which I am looking forward to with some nervousness, though I am currently on a reduction of Citalopram as coming off it. Then it's back to see the consultant next month or early May. From what the dietitian team have said, I am a strong candidate for surgery in their view, now just need to get through the next hurdle and on to a brighter, with more breath!, future! :)
Hi there :) just spotted your post im too from Cornwall and have been thru the process and had a gastric band fitted back in feb .... any questions please do ask x x x

Hi everyone!

Been a little while. Well, my appointments have been very slow to materialise, with some chasing involved. I am set to see the Psychologist tomorrow at Treliske. A bit nervous but lots of positive changes with me over the last few months, thanks to good friends, family and new man in my life who supports me 100%. I am set to see the consultant/surgeon again at the end of June (but have begged Treliske to let me know of any cancelled appointments as I can attend at short notice if needed). :)

All is going well down here, send your *weight loss dust* my way. Tomorrow here I come!

Hi All, :)

Just a quick message. I attended my Psychology assessment today. It was a little nerve wracking but I got through it and now I have ALL the team behind me at Treliske. Now to wait to see the consultant/surgeon next month, It's been a year almost, since I asked for a referral for surgery. A long year but a year that has helped me prepare physically and mentally for the massive changes that are to come. :)

Wish you all well. Will update again soon!

Great news dreamalittle! good luck :)

Good luck :)

One person's cancellation is my gain! :) Got a phone call today that my appointment to see surgeon can be changed to Thursday 19th due to a cancellation! Whoop! Bring it on. 10months next week since I last saw him. Seems like an eternity. Will update after appointment, last in on a Thursday. :)

Back