• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie

Another update. I went to Treliske this afternoon, is it me or does the journey seem a lot longer when your nervous?! I was weighed and BP taken before seeing Dr Creely. I was in and out within five minutes. He basically said that the whole team are behind me for surgery and that he was applying for funding today for me and I should know within a week but he doesn't foresee any problems as I have lost weight while under the dieticians. I have now been passed to the surgical team, whom I should see in around a month. Fingers crossed for the funding fairies to work their magic. :)

Wd hun glad today all went well :) i doubt your see lovely Mr Creely again.........which is a shame because he is adorable. Congrats on making it another step forward ......... sending vibes to the funding fairies for ya :) x x x

Congratulations another step closer, I had my phone call telling me I was now on the waiting list yesterday surgery should be in 9 weeks I'm also at Treliske.

Fingers and toes crossed for you crystal xx

Hunni :) hoping you see this................ few of us Cornish lasses are meeting 4 coffee on 19th 3pm costa coffee nr Treliske hoping you can join us too x x x xx x

Hunni :) hoping you see this................ few of us Cornish lasses are meeting 4 coffee on 19th 3pm costa coffee nr Treliske hoping you can join us too x x x xx x

Will try and make it working that day but might be able to pop in for 30 mins will be good to meet up with you all x

Hi folks, It's been a while. Today has been the best day ever! I have been approved for surgery. I saw Mr Finlay, the surgeon. Such a lovely man, he and Jeremy (Treliske's Bariatric Nurse) were so funny and made me feel at ease, as I was on my own I was quite nervous, they were both highly amusing and I enjoyed meeting Mr Finlay. I have been told to expect a phone call for my surgery date. I am on top of the world right now. The waiting list is down to only 8 weeks down here. So i'll be done and dusted before Christmas. I am on cloud nine right now. I felt for the nurses who were trying to take my blood, took two of them four goes in total to get five vials of blood. Hard veins down here!

All my friends and family are being very supportive and I couldn't have got this far without my Dad ferrying me to and from appointments up and down the A30. :) I am now nearing the finish line, my goal, surgery. I have wanted it so much and set it as my goal, bring on the pre-op diet (milk (yuck!!)) and surgery, then my new life journey begins to the new me. I walked out of the hospital with tears of joy brimming in my eyes and ended up bawling with happiness on the phone to my best friend. Bring on the future, it's within my grasp! :)

Hi folks, It's been a while. Today has been the best day ever! I have been approved for surgery. I saw Mr Finlay, the surgeon. Such a lovely man, he and Jeremy (Treliske's Bariatric Nurse) were so funny and made me feel at ease, as I was on my own I was quite nervous, they were both highly amusing and I enjoyed meeting Mr Finlay. I have been told to expect a phone call for my surgery date. I am on top of the world right now. The waiting list is down to only 8 weeks down here. So i'll be done and dusted before Christmas. I am on cloud nine right now. I felt for the nurses who were trying to take my blood, took two of them four goes in total to get five vials of blood. Hard veins down here! All my friends and family are being very supportive and I couldn't have got this far without my Dad ferrying me to and from appointments up and down the A30. :) I am now nearing the finish line, my goal, surgery. I have wanted it so much and set it as my goal, bring on the pre-op diet (milk (yuck!!)) and surgery, then my new life journey begins to the new me. I walked out of the hospital with tears of joy brimming in my eyes and ended up bawling with happiness on the phone to my best friend. Bring on the future, it's within my grasp! :)

Congratulations, I'm going into Treliske for my surgery on 22/10/14 it's been a long journey, I was due to have my op on 11/09 but unfortunately there was no beds a Treliske so have to wait another 6 weeks, can't wait to get it done now.

Cried my eyes out today, In a good way. I have been given a date for surgery. I am on cloud nine right now. Gastric Bypass all set for 3rd December. Only a stones throw away. Cannot wait now to wake up from surgery and start my whole new life with a new tool to aid in loosing this extra person weight. I never remember a time when I was a normal weight, my clothes were plus size before I can really remember. I can't wait to walk into Peacocks or even somewhere like primark where I can buy actual clothes instead of being able to buy only socks or underwear from there as that is all that would fit. Before I ramble on too much, thanks to all on here who have given me some support and advice thus far, losers' bench budge up, here I come!

Hi folks, It's been a while. Today has been the best day ever! I have been approved for surgery. I saw Mr Finlay, the surgeon. Such a lovely man, he and Jeremy (Treliske's Bariatric Nurse) were so funny and made me feel at ease, as I was on my own I was quite nervous, they were both highly amusing and I enjoyed meeting Mr Finlay. I have been told to expect a phone call for my surgery date. I am on top of the world right now. The waiting list is down to only 8 weeks down here. So i'll be done and dusted before Christmas. I am on cloud nine right now. I felt for the nurses who were trying to take my blood, took two of them four goes in total to get five vials of blood. Hard veins down here! All my friends and family are being very supportive and I couldn't have got this far without my Dad ferrying me to and from appointments up and down the A30. :) I am now nearing the finish line, my goal, surgery. I have wanted it so much and set it as my goal, bring on the pre-op diet (milk (yuck!!)) and surgery, then my new life journey begins to the new me. I walked out of the hospital with tears of joy brimming in my eyes and ended up bawling with happiness on the phone to my best friend. Bring on the future, it's within my grasp! :)

Fantastic news. Hi everyone I'm from Cornwall too. My GP has just referred me for WLS so I'm in the very early stages of my journey. My BMI is 44.4 and I've recently lost half a stone. I'm feeling very nervous about it all but I have 2 young children and want to get fit and healthy for them. I'm so glad I found this forum as I will definitely be looking for advice and support in the coming months.

Hi. I'm also from. Cornwall and it's my first post but I'm so glad I've found this forum! My BMI is currently 44 as I've recently lost half a stone. My GP has only just referred me to treliske so I'm in the very early stages of my journey.

Cried my eyes out today, In a good way. I have been given a date for surgery. I am on cloud nine right now. Gastric Bypass all set for 3rd December. Only a stones throw away. Cannot wait now to wake up from surgery and start my whole new life with a new tool to aid in loosing this extra person weight. I never remember a time when I was a normal weight, my clothes were plus size before I can really remember. I can't wait to walk into Peacocks or even somewhere like primark where I can buy actual clothes instead of being able to buy only socks or underwear from there as that is all that would fit. Before I ramble on too much, thanks to all on here who have given me some support and advice thus far, losers' bench budge up, here I come!

Aw congratulations Hun. I'm in Cornwall too and the GP has just referred me so I'm at the very beginning of my journey. Good luck with your op.x

Hi Bronny, Just saw your reply. :) Thank you. I am due to go into Treliske at 7.30am next Wednesday. :) The whole team there are amazing. From the bariatric nurses to the consultants and surgical team. I am not nervous now, getting so excited. I just want to walk down to theatre and then wake up with this new gift of life. I never want to let my weight hold me back again ever! Only 5 sleeps left. Not feeling any hunger now, a little exhausted but that's the zero caffeine intake. Bring on weds!! :) and good luck too!! xx

Forgot to add to:
Highest weight: 177.7kg (July 2013)
Starting weight (starting pre-op): 168.2kg (19/11/14)
Current weight: 155kg (28/11/14)

So, so far on this pre-op diet I have lost 13.2kg, that is truly bonkers. Around two stone, think it's due to the fact I am not eating many of my allowance of yoghurts now a day as It's getting monotonous. Plenty of water still to remain hydrated. Not long now.

Thanks guys. Will try Chrystal. Truro is a long slog to get to (I'm otherside of Hayle in the wilds and don't drive). Would love to pop up at somepoint. Will try to arrange a lift in the new year or get a bus up there. :) Only 5 sleeps left (that's if I can sleep the night before). ;) xx

Back