• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sunderland waiting list

cindy63

hi everyone i was put on sunderlands waiting list november 2nd 2010 . i am wondering does anyone know the waiting time as i was told 4 months by my surgeon and 6 months by his secretary im still not sure as not heard anything about my gastric bypass thanks

At my hospital it was 18 weeks once you got on the list for surgery...I dont know if all hospitals are like that because of all the changes but I think it used to be the rule :D XX

ive just rung sweets, its 6 months, then if its 4 it ll be a nice surprise x

hi i was put on the waiting list at sunderland at the end of september i phoned and spoke to Dr Smalls secretary about two days ago and was told i would be in before march she also told me that they are just giving out the appointments for those who were put on the list in july. hope thats of some use to you.

I waited 19 weeks at SRH xxx

hi cindy, i to was put on the list at sunderland on the 2nd nov, ive not heard anything as yet, hopefully it'll be soon. have you managed to lose any more weight since nov? ive been bad and put on 9 pound..tu tu! im back on it now though and im doing the pre op diet just to start me off. goodluck!

Last edited:
i WAS TOLD 3-4 MONTHS BY DR BALAPURI BUT THEN WAS TOLD 6 MONTHS BY DR SMALLS SECRETARY, KAREN X

hi honey

i was put on list on 20th september, and told 4 months then told 6 months, when i spoke to them last week they were just sorting out the appointments for the people who went on the list in august for feb this year so hopefully mine will be in March,

Last edited:
I went on "list" in March last year favouring a bypass and then had to have endoscopy (May) which showed helicobacter yet again so after treatment and some deliberation between consultant and myself did not make my final decision on what surgery I wanted (revised to sleeve) until September when I saw Mr Small at which he said about 18 weeks in end offered surgery on 14/01 with Mr Schroeder/Small combination which I happily accepted.
Waiting times can vary a bit though if surgeons are on annual leave/other duties or like many hospitals if there are bed shortages due to poorly patients (particularly this time of year - flu outbreaks etc).

I hope so, My everything is crossed LOL xxx

As someone who has just plucked up the courage to ask for a referal, this has given me a bit hopel....I hate waiting for anything and want it now, now now!!! Anyone have any idea how long from asking doc to getting a referal letter for first meeting??? thanks

Hiya Sue my Paul waited approx 6 weeks from rerferal by gp to seminar x

Hi Sue,
from my doctors referal until the group seminar I waited 12 weeks and from seminar to first appointment with the bariatric team / dietitian I will have waited a further 14 weeks.
From what I have read from previous posts there seems to be a 6 months wait from this point to seeing the surgeon who may - or may not at this stage say yay or nay to being placed on the waiting list.

hi i called the hospital again today and was told that i would be in for my bypass at the end of march. i was put on the waiting list at the end of september.

hiya i got put on the waiting list july 12th 2010 when i went to see mr balupuri and my opp is saturday if thats any help so about six month for me xx

Back