• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pretty much made up my mind

melarnz

I think this diary may be a little different from other ex in that I haven't 100% made up my mind (but I think I have lol).

I'm seriously looking at a gastric sleeve. I've booked 4 consultations within the next 2 months so I can see exactly what it's all about and ask the right questions.

I've decided to do all the research whilst giving shakes (exante) one last hit.

I wanted to do a diary, but wasn't sure where to put it! So here it is. I'm (hopefully) sitting among like minded people who won't judge me for my decisions.

Since seriously looking into surgery, my 2 best friends (who also struggle. 1 who has lost 5 stone through healthy eating and exercise and one who is about 16/18 who is trying to lose weight) have been dead against it. Lecturing me about how dangerous and drastic it is. I have found myself withdrawing from them because I just don't want to hear it!

I am about 23 stone and 5'3''. So need to lose about 13 stone. I know I got myself into this situation, and it took a long time to put on, but it have tried everything and nothing has worked for me. I'm fed up with wasting time in my life being fat and overweight. If I get surgery now, I can be able to run around with my girls within about a year (they are 5 and 8). Still young enough t make it count when I'm slim.

Baring this in mind. I've decided to go private. I don't have the money yet. But I'm getting made redundant very soon, so when I do, I'm going to spend it on myself for once.

So, my sounding board has been started - and somewhere to come for my thoughts

Xxx

hello Melarnz
all I want to say is YOU do what is right for you and your family never mind your friends don't take on their worries and fears do your research ,speak with the teams your booked to meet and the final choice is yours
good luck in all you do

It sounds like everything is coming together at the right time for you. Have you any support groups locally as it can be really helpful to talk to others irl who've had the surgery.

I'm biased as I've had the sleeve but my situation is similar to your own. 4mths down the line and I couldn't be happier with it. I went ice skating with the kids the other week and I'm booked onto do a climbing wall with them.

I only told a few people very shortly before my op as I knew it was right for me and didn't want negativity. It's a time where you need to figure out if it's what you want without others weighing into it.

Hi Melarnz, my hubby had to have a bypass due to his diabetes getting out of control despite medication , and I was dead against it, he has recovered incredibly well, can eat and drink allsorts just a lot less, and he has lost several stones, and at 60 just feeling so much better about himself.
I was still against it for myself even though I can't lose weight to save my life, but I am coming round to it and am seeing my Dr tomorrow, he has been trying to get me to go for it for months especially after finding out i have an enlarged heart.
So do your research and talk to these wonderful ladies and gents on here, then do the right thing for you to get your life back. you deserve it xx

Back