• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone!

sarahrob

Hi guys, just signed up so thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Sarah, and I'm booked in to have a gastric band fitted at Leeds Nuffield on August 6th via THG (sadly my BMI is too high to go to Dolan Park so I've had to cough up the extra cash to go to Leeds!). I'm currently trying to lose some weight pre-op, not looking forward to the milk and yogurt weeks but I am bizarrely excited about having the surgery itself. My consultant is Mr Halstead.

I'm currently 24st7lbs, looking to lose 1.5st by the operation date.

Glad to have found this board - thanks to everyone who has posted on here as I'm finding it hugely informative.

Just wanted to say welcome! I do not have an op-date yet but am booked in for a gastric balloon at the end of July, which may be followed by a gastric sleeve (am scared of surgery so wanted a "softer" start first).

August 6th - wow that is soon! Congrats!

Thankyou tiili! To be honest, it can't come quickly enough for me. I've been considering it for a couple of years, but kept putting it off because it felt like giving up - everyone else can diet yet not me.
Having given my head a wobble I've realised how ridiculous that is, so I booked my op on Saturday after a few consultations with different providers.

I've not told many people about it; work don't know, nor do most of my extended family. I'll probably tell them at some point but I think a small part of me doesn't believe it will work, so I don't want to tell them only to then not lose any bloody weight!

Thankyou tiili! To be honest, it can't come quickly enough for me. I've been considering it for a couple of years, but kept putting it off because it felt like giving up - everyone else can diet yet not me.
Having given my head a wobble I've realised how ridiculous that is, so I booked my op on Saturday after a few consultations with different providers.

I've not told many people about it; work don't know, nor do most of my extended family. I'll probably tell them at some point but I think a small part of me doesn't believe it will work, so I don't want to tell them only to then not lose any bloody weight!

I'm not telling anybody either, which is a bit mentally draining as it is hard to pretend like it's raining when you are struggling with a very tough decision.

Only person who knows is my best friend, but she lives very far away and is currently pregnant so can not come with to the hospital or anything. Am feeling kind of alone in this, which is why I find this forum so helpful.

Welcome! I started off my band journey at 24 stone last August, and its the best decision I've ever made (altho it took me 7 years to finally take the plunge) nobody knows about what I've done either, only my Aunt and my son (my mum would if she were still here) but thats it. I don't feel a need to tell anyone else, but it can be a lonely journey, whether it is going well or its a difficult time.

Don't be afraid to reach out and if you want/need someone to chat to, I'm only a message away.

welcome and good luck!

Hi Sarah and welcome :)

Hi and welcome

I weighed 21st 7lb last year and today I'm 11st with a healthy bmi :)
Having the band fitted was seriously the best decision of my life,I told everyone I was having it and I think that's what's made me so strict ad stick to things as I didn't have the option to fail,good luck xxx

Thankyou all for your kind words. One week today I'll be in Leeds having the band fitted. Eek!
The good news is that I've lost over a stone and a half on the pre-op diet, the not so good news is that I'm so damned sick of milk and yogurt I could scream...

You know things aren't good when you're dreaming of being able to eat vegetable stew on mushies! Still, only one more week on milk and yogurt, I can do that.

Back