• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just saying Hi - an old newbie - if that makes sense

yoyo_again

Hi there, just dropping by to say Hi

I am over 2 years post op duodenal switch but have only recently found this site. There seems to be a lot of activity from members local to me but there doesn't seem to be very many DS'ers on the site. It does seem out local bariatric service are now offering the sleeve gastrectomy as this seems to be getting more polpular recently.

I am pleased I have had a smooth post op journey although I was plagued by many plateaus along the way. I have lost a total of 14stone 13lb or 15 stone depending what time on the morning I get weighed (I am addicted to daily weigh in - I know I should step away from the scales):p

My goal was to be a size 16 -18 from size 34-36. I ma pleased I have surpassed this goal currently size 14 top and 16-18 bottoms dependent on fit. I do have a lot of excess skin all over and am looking into plastics which, pre - op I never knew whether I would bother with, but it would totally change my shape on the bottom half.

Last week I got told not to loose any more as I look scrawny on the top half - that is such a laugh - never, ever thought anyone would say that to me. However, I am very bony on the top with prominent collar bones which were well hidden before.
So it is an interesting journey I don't want to become complacent with. I have recently tried new and different protein products as I need to have 100g protein a day and need to boost that for 2 months pre op plastics if it goes ahead (privately as I have been turned down for abdominoplasty:cry:)

I will stop rabbiting on now and a big Hi to everyone.:silly:

Hugs
Gill

Hi Gill, :welcome: to WLS.....You have done absolutely brilliantly with your DS you must be so proud of yourself and rightly so. Amazing achievement and Id just like to wish you luck with the rest of your journey, such a shame you cant get the abdominoplasty! XX

Hi Gill, :welcome: to WLS.....You have done absolutely brilliantly with your DS you must be so proud of yourself and rightly so. Amazing achievement and Id just like to wish you luck with the rest of your journey, such a shame you cant get the abdominoplasty! XX
Thanks Jacqui - everyone seems so friendly on here - pleased to be part of the community

Gill

Well done so far and welcome to the family!Maz x

It's lovely to hear from someone so far out from surgery, and particularly as you have done so well and are clearly maintaining. Also it will be very interesting to hear about your experiences on the plastics side of things xxx

Wow you have done so well, im new to this site also, still waiting for my op date, the one thing thats worrying me is i'm a size 32 and if or when i loose all the weight is the access skin i'm going to be left with. Is it worth it? and how much and how soon can u have the plastics done.

hi gill

as someone who is also starting off in the 30's clothes size it was great to see and hear your story!

I am currently waiting for the 4th March for my next appointment towards a gastric bypass.

How long did it take you to reach a size 16?

Gill was my DS momma - and there for me throughout my op and aftermath.

I've lost 13 1/2 st. and gone from a 32/34 to a 10/12.

I do have loose skin and when I sit down it tutus round me!! Most PCTs need a BMI of at least 27 and maintained for 2 years before they consider plastics.

Having said all this - I'd prefer to be as I am now than a size 32/34 - I don't look that bad with my clothes on!!!

xxxx

Hi Louisa & Joanna (and of course Angela)
It has taken 2 yr to loose 14 stone and the last 10 lbs has been slow (approx 5 months) but that is ok, I honestly don't mind. For the first time in my life I have been told by friends and family that I have lost enough. I can shop anywhere although I choose styles to flatter as my excess skin is drooping around my hips (and like Angela forms a puddling tutu). I look ok dressed but don't like my floppy bits unclothed. An 11 yr old asked me what was wrong with my arms (very naively) - I wasn't offended - I am like Orville - could fly my wings are so floppy.
BUT
I can honestly say dressed, it doesn't matter, I can shop anywhere and feel "normal"- I even got into an age 14-15yr old top in New look but didn't like it on me - amazing.
I would like plastics and am looking at this issue, but can ony afford my lower body lift (thanks to mum and dad and early inheritence if it works out) as that is what bother me the most - arms will have to have cardi's and wait a year or two.
Simply, it would be more of a finished result but I could cope as I am

Am happy to be honest with other questions- good luck with your journeys - best thing I ever did
Gill

Back