• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI EVERYONE..

debbieb

I just discovered this site yesterday, and already i can tell you are all very friendly..it's nice to hear about like minded people who are in the same position as yourself..
about me....
i am a single mum of one teenager, i had been on benifits for 16 years , sat on my bum hanging off jeremy kyle's every word !!!...blaming evrybody else except me for the way i was , thinking of every excuse possible not to go out of the house, but for some reason something inside clicked into place and i said NO !! enough is enough, my son is 18 next month and i want a life...
so i got of my bum, i am now in full time employment, doing a job which i feel a privalige to do, (i had convinced myself that at my size nobody would employ me !!!)..i have great work mates who knew that from my interview that i was seeking surgery, but that didn't stop them taking me on..it's been approximatly 14 months since my initial gp referal, i have met with my surgeon at royal derby hospital, and i am due to go back in 2 weeks to check on my weght loss progress to see if i can go on his list...i have so been working hard, so fingers crossed..(.but, if i could loose the weight, then i wouldn't be going there !!!!)
best wishes, deborah.

Hey Deborah ........... just thought id welcome you :) ... My story is much the same, I havnt had the NO moment as such but my eldest is almost 18 and i like you hang on jezzas every word.

Good Luck with your journey :) xx

Welcome to the site, and well done you. I hope you get your surgery very soon and can make the most of a life that you're starting to enjoy anyway.

Congratulations on helping yourself to make life changing decisions :)

I hope you have lost the weight necessary to get on your surgeons list, please keep us all posted xxx

thank you, i will keep people posted...i think i've finally found something more addictive than chocolate !!!...this site is great.x

Welcome to the madhouse Debbie ! LOL Don't be frightened to ask anything.., we won't bite... :-D

Welcome to the forum love..you will find it quite addictive lol...x

Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum.
Grace xxx

Hi Debbie, lovely that you made that life change well done, best wishes and fingers crossed for you xx

Hello and welcome to the site...Il warn you now its addictive!!lol xx

hey! another 1 from derby - whoo hoo - there was only 2 people on here from derby when i joined and there must av been 5 people that have joined over the last week.
welcome to the forum luv!

Back