• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone

DukeAmirOften

Hello, just looking around atm and seeking any advice. I am from Lancashire and have a BMI of 41. My GP agreed yesterday to apply for funding and she said things happen pretty quick:eek: so am a nervous wreck right now and keeping everything crossed. I have spoke to several people (not on here) and have been told they waited ages, does this mean each region works differently? As i have got heavier i also snore like a pig on heat :sigh: lol!! does this need mentioning as i wasn't sure if snoring came under sleep apnea.
I have suffered with being over weight for many years now and it has affected so much of my life, i do hope i am granted funding as it will make all my dreams come true!
Anyway, thanks for any advice xxxx

Hi welcome to the forum. I am from Lancashire too (Bury) and my journey was very quick. Got approved in February, group appt March, pre-ops and appt with surgeon in April and had my surgery 5 days ago! I was with Mr Basil Ammori's team at The Spire - 100% recommend him - no regrets whatsover. Easy to say but dont be a nervous wreck - its a second chance at life - and why not!!! Hope you enjoy the Forum xx

Hi and thanks for the reply, i am in Penwortham (Preston) I believe i come under central lancs, so do i still have the choice of hospitals if funding is approved? Yours was very quick! I actually said to my gp yesterday that i understand that i will have to wait a very long time...she said actually no! It all happens really quickly! Im not nervous yet about the op it is the waiting that is making me nervous, i have an appointment with her in 2 weeks and she said she should have heard by then, i didnt expect that! And yes...i do want that second chance at life. Can you give me any advice on what i need to say etc? Also well done on your op, how are you feeling? x

Hi there.
Firstly welcome to the site I love the name you have chosen lol
you can google bariatric services policy central lancashire
It explains the criteria

Ask your gp to refer you for a sleep apnoea test and check for co morbs like diabetes

you basically have to fit the criteria for your area

Its took me over 2 years and Im with Bury pct and everyone is an individual

Pct,s get funding every April so things could happen fast if you tick all the boxes

well done taking the first steps to a healthy you
Max x

Hi and thanks for replying, i did look at CL PCT and it seems they follow NICE guidlines so am i right that it is 35-40 with weight related illness and 40 and above without. That is what i seem to have found. There is so much to research, and everyones journey is so different, amazing site though with tons of info. Yes i forgot about new funding in April, so hopefully they have some money in the pot for moi :D

Welcome aboard! (love the name too !!)
Wishing you all the best on your weight loss surgery adventure x

Thank you janeyf x

Thank you i am so eager to find out, the suspense is killing me :s

Hiya hun, i got my funding in April and am seeing Basil Ammori's team next thrusday, which is quick, not sure how long the list is after that. I had to have bmi over 50 and co morbs, but everywhere is different. x Good luck x

Just to say if anyone wants to add me on Face Book just click on my FB logo! ;)

Welcome aboard, hope you get your funding asap and start your journey proper. Hope we can be of help with any questions you have I know I have been helped enourmously since I joined.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey! Sounds like it's going to be a quick one if it's anything like Ruth's!! :)

H x

hiya hun :) wishing you the best of luck on your weightloss journey...hope i can support you in any way i can :D xx

I mean 'thanks' lol :D

Bury PCT

Hi, I live in Bury and have a BMI of 54 (omg i hear you say lol)......I need to discuss things with my GP but wanted to know about peoples way through the funding process for bariatric surgery in bury.....any advice welcome

Back