• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone

Sparkle41

Hi, I'm just reaching the end of my liver shrinking diet. I am having a gastric sleeve in 3 days. I'm excited at the thought of finally getting my weight under control!
I was advised to do the LSD for 3 weeks and have stuck to it religiously and lost 7kg.

I have 15 stone of excess weight to loose. My main motivation for doing this is my children. I have 2 children both school age and i want to be around for them as long as possible. My husband has terminal cancer, we are hoping to have a year or 2 left with him. When we found out i gained 3 stone, gradually, but i am now at my heaviest.

We have booked 1 final holiday to America (disney) and i will be a year post op by then. Last time i went i didn't fit on many rides so i am really looking forward to going on them this time. However I am worried what i will be able to eat. Last time i ate pancakes for breakfast most days. I never ate lunch but did eat out again for dinner. Usually having a starter and pudding or pizza. Obviously i won't be able to eat anywhere near as much as last time but i would hope to try a bit of what i fancy while there.

Does anyone think this will be possible. The main things i will miss are the pancakes with maple syrup, crunchy cheetos, burgers (usually leave the bread) and fries, oreo milkshakes, glazed donuts, nachos, spaghetti carbonara, pizza,

I love eggs, fish and chicken, not a big red meat fan, can take or leave bread so thats good, i don't drink alcohol and I've given up diet coke.
So plan to have these things a lot but any advice appreciated thanks.

Hi, I'm just reaching the end of my liver shrinking diet. I am having a gastric sleeve in 3 days. I'm excited at the thought of finally getting my weight under control!
I was advised to do the LSD for 3 weeks and have stuck to it religiously and lost 7kg.

I have 15 stone of excess weight to loose. My main motivation for doing this is my children. I have 2 children both school age and i want to be around for them as long as possible. My husband has terminal cancer, we are hoping to have a year or 2 left with him. When we found out i gained 3 stone, gradually, but i am now at my heaviest.

We have booked 1 final holiday to America (disney) and i will be a year post op by then. Last time i went i didn't fit on many rides so i am really looking forward to going on them this time. However I am worried what i will be able to eat. Last time i ate pancakes for breakfast most days. I never ate lunch but did eat out again for dinner. Usually having a starter and pudding or pizza. Obviously i won't be able to eat anywhere near as much as last time but i would hope to try a bit of what i fancy while there.

Does anyone think this will be possible. The main things i will miss are the pancakes with maple syrup, crunchy cheetos, burgers (usually leave the bread) and fries, oreo milkshakes, glazed donuts, nachos, spaghetti carbonara, pizza,

I love eggs, fish and chicken, not a big red meat fan, can take or leave bread so thats good, i don't drink alcohol and I've given up diet coke.
I hope your op went well. Sorry to hear about your husband, that's heart breaking. At a year out you should be able to eat most things in small quantities, but what you can tolerate is different person to person, you may find you don't even like any of those things any more as you taste buds can change, mine have, you really need to think of healthier options, eating those kind of things are OK for an occasional treat, but anything high is sugar or fat could make you feel really ill or give you dumping syndrome and you'll learn quickly eating those things are just not worth how miserable they make you feel inside. So over the course of the year, you will find out what your new pouch will tolerate, then you can make a plan before you travel for the kind of things you will eat while on holiday.

I agree with @Sarnie advise, you will have a good idea by then of what your sleeve will tolerate but you must keep all of those unhealthy foods in moderation. It’s hard, very hard but you’ll be fine and I’m sure you’ll fit into a lot more rides, look forward to enjoying a fabulous holiday and making lots of memories, I’m so sorry to hear of your husband’s illness, good luck and keep in touch xx

I hope your op went well last week. Your probably feeling a bit more human by now. So sorry to hear about your husband. I lost my dad to cancer back in August after he'd been diagnosed as terminal back in March 2017 so we had almost 2.5 years with him after he was diagnosed. He passed a month after I had my op in July and my surgery is the only reason I haven't gained a tonne so in that respect I was lucky I had the op when I did. I am coming up to 5 months post op and can eat pretty much anything just in smaller portions which is a blessing and a curse. You won't really know how you will be with foods until you try them.

How are you getting on with liquids?

Hi, thanks for the messages, i am feeling better than i did a few days ago but still in a lit of pain. I am not managing fluids brilliantly, about a pint short and only getting about 1 pint of milk as my protein so far.
I have struggled with pain far more than I thought I would but had i not had the complications in recovery i would probably be feeling very different by now.
Sorry to hear about your dad @Parsnip

Just realized I didn't post what had happened after my surgery.

So i had my surgery on Thursday at 2pm. All went well apsrt from having a difficult recovery.
I woke in excruciating pain. Initially they thought there might be something wrong with my heart. But they ruled that put with ECG, bloods and x ray. They gave me a kettermine bolus as till then morphine had not been helping.
I take opiods anyway for chronic pain, so when the kettermine didn't work either they said they thought i had opiod-induced hyperalgesia. Where apparently i would be over sensitive to pain and also the pain killers would aldo be causing me more pain.
I stayed on a kettermine infusion over the nect 24 hours. I was also put on a morphine pump, which gave me 1mg every 5 minutes. I also went into urine retention so had to have a catheter as i hadn't been for about 16 hours.

Im starting to feel half human again now. My husband waited around for hours Thursday night but i didn't come out of recovery until 12am

So i had my surgery on Thursday at 2pm. All went well apsrt from having a difficult recovery.
I woke in excruciating pain. Initially they thought there might be something wrong with my heart. But they ruled that put with ECG, bloods and x ray. They gave me a kettermine bolus as till then morphine had not been helping.
I take opiods anyway for chronic pain, so when the kettermine didn't work either they said they thought i had opiod-induced hyperalgesia. Where apparently i would be over sensitive to pain and also the pain killers would aldo be causing me more pain.
I stayed on a kettermine infusion over the nect 24 hours. I was also put on a morphine pump, which gave me 1mg every 5 minutes. I also went into urine retention so had to have a catheter as i hadn't been for about 16 hours.

Im starting to feel half human again now. My husband waited around for hours Thursday night but i didn't come out of recovery until 12am
Sounds awful. How long were you in hospital for in the end?

Just the 3 nights luckily, could have stayed an extra night but i just wanted to get home. Nicer at home and i was getting lonley there

Gosh that awful, I’m glad your on the mend now x

Back