• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Thankyou!
I actually bought another dress for the wedding from monsoon, a smidge tight but it was half price and I fell in love with it.

I am around 80% moved into my new flat, all is utter chaos right now and I've not had a meal at home in days. Dread to think how it's affected my weight, but I've not moved my scales yet lol! Second date didn't go very well after a friend of mine said hello. She's French and works in the UK, which led to a huge rant on how all foreigners should be sent home - thankfully after Collette had left. Kind of put a damper on the evening...
What else? Erm... Think that's it for now. Hope you're all ok x

Grrr what an arse. These are the people who are voting for Ukip!

Ah well, hopefully you've got some other man options :D

I know, and until then he seemed so normal!
No other dates on the horizon, but I'm sure another nutter will be along soon enough!:)

Omg what a thing to come out with on a date especially when he knows that lady is your friend! Oh my days! X

Glad it came out early and I didn't end up on a surprise BNP rally instead of a romantic night out lol!

Lovely day in Liverpool with my mum today, got a gorgeous oil painting for my impending 40th. Get me being a patron of the arts! Got chatting to a lovely guy in the gallery, turns out he's an artist. Unfortunately his paintings were horribly ugly, so I legged it before he could ask my opinion. I figured he'd probably expect something more positive than "they're very well framed".

Haha lol that's brilliant or worse before he asked you on a date then you really would be in a pickle over his art!

:rotflmao:

What a bloody 6 weeks!
I started a new contract, was just getting into the swing of things. My dad caught pneumonia, and was rushed into a&e, but after less than 24 hours discharged himself. Thankfully his Macmillan nurse convinced him to stay in the hospice, so off he went.
Four weeks ago I got a call from the hospice in work - his condition had deteriorated to the point they told me to go straight there.
Thankfully he astounded everyone by coming back from the brink - his favourite doctor calls him Lazarus! Getting to this point was possibly the most stressful thing I've ever been through, and I started having panic attacks. In a particularly bad one I hit my head when I passed out, and ended up in a&e myself. My doctor gave me some tablets for my blood pressure, but with the stress my band was so tight I couldn't get them down my neck!

I had my band emptied AGAIN, and things are much easier now. Sadly living in the hospice has had predictable results and I'm back over 20 stone.

My new contract had very tight timescales, so they've had to re-recruit. My dad is still in the hospice and there's no way I'm going back to work while he's still in there.

The good news is that things seem to be settling. My blood pressure has dropped, so my doc is gradually lowering the dose on my meds. The panic attacks have stopped, and best of all, my dad is doing so well they're talking about letting him go home at the end of next week. Hurrah!

I've risked a fill, so I'm at 6ml. So far, it seems to be ok, and I've started losing my regained weight.

It does worry me that my emotional reliance on food is still so strong. If my band were to be removed tomorrow I'd regain every ounce of weight I've lost, and that's a miserable thought. I'm just not sure yet what to do with that thought, and right now it's quite low on my list of stressy thoughts!

Hope you're all well and getting skinnier by the day x

wowee youve certainly been through the mill these last few weeks! i had wondered where you had got to! So glad things are settling down for you now. I wish you and your dad a speedy recovery and keep everything crossed for you x x x

Awwwww hun I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Sarah but glad to hear he is well enough for home now. Comfort eating is something I think most of us here continue to battle with, me included. Don't beat yourself up about it though. The thought/prospect of losing a parent must be one of the most stressful things out there and I'm not sure there is a coping strategy to deal with that one either tbh other than when you fall off the wagon you can only get back on it ASAP & in earnest which you have done. Good luck and some cyber for you ((((hugs)))) xxx

Last edited:
Good to see you again. Keep positive despite everything ... You can do it, but sometimes more important things need to be dealt with first xxx

Thankyou!
I'm a bit miserable that I gained so much weight, but at least it's moving again, albeit slowly. Not where I thought I'd be 11 months out from the op, but soooooo much better than where I was pre-op!:)

Beautiful Sarah, so sorry to hear things have been so pretty rubbish for you. Its good that your dad is starting to pick up and discharge looming :) Don't beat yourself up hunni, it could have been so much worse without the band :) just put it behind you and look to the positives now x x x x wishing you and your dad all the very best

Thankyou!
I'm a bit miserable that I gained so much weight, but at least it's moving again, albeit slowly. Not where I thought I'd be 11 months out from the op, but soooooo much better than where I was pre-op!:)

You lost it before and you can lose it again - and you also now know that the band was exactly the right thing for you!

I know if I had mine defilled I'd be straight back to stuffing my face, so don't worry about that :D

Good luck, and good to see you posting again.

Thankyou lovelies!

Can I just say HOLY MOLEY CRYSTAL!!!! Look at you in your new avatar! Swit swoo, looking amazing!

LOL Sarah ty :) i walk in the footsteps of some inspirational banders ............ and yes your one of them x x x x all the best hun

Back