• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I’m a very nervous newbie

Alexandra Nevermind

Hoping everything was OK - if somehow you were put off, don't feel bad. You can decide to do this process whenever you are ready. x

Jackiesfatplan

I found my first appointment very disapointing when they tell u it takes along time to get to surgery i expected surgery to be quicker tbh but the time does fly by and being on this group helps a lot not everyone has had there surgery some are at same stage as you and its nice to do this journey with someone

Lucy S

Hi my appointment is at St Richards in Chichester ? I just stuffed the appointment letter in my drawer like it’s a dirty little secret . I hate talking about myself especially to the medical profession and I can come across as really defensive and not engaging .
Thank you re my profile piccy it’s amazing what a dirty camera lens and someone doing your hair ( hairpiece ) and make up can achieve Lol x

Hey, how did you get on?
Lucy x

Bling Babe

Hi well I went and funnily enough I’ve got my last tier 3 appointment tomorrow. I think it’s then 6 months to my MDT and then a further 6 months till surgery. It’s a very long journey but the for first time ever I actually feel in control of my eating habits .
I’m so pleased you continued with your appointments, I know it’s hard to believe but the time will fly by, good luck with your final teir 3 appointment tomorrow xx

Sarnie

Hi well I went and funnily enough I’ve got my last tier 3 appointment tomorrow. I think it’s then 6 months to my MDT and then a further 6 months till surgery. It’s a very long journey but the for first time ever I actually feel in control of my eating habits .
Pleased to hear things are going well for you x

Sarnie

Bling Babe

So nearly a year from this post I got received my op date which is October 28th 2019
That’s fantastic news, congratulations, not long to wait now, when do you start your LRD ? X

Lucy S

So nearly a year from this post I got received my op date which is October 28th 2019

Just looking back on posts as I'd given up, and I now have my date for the mdt assessment. February 21st 2020, so everything I've worked hard for all comes down to this one day yes or no.
I have sleep apnoea and I'm struggling with the machine, but I need to get on top of it now! Nervous....

Parsnip

Just looking back on posts as I'd given up, and I now have my date for the mdt assessment. February 21st 2020, so everything I've worked hard for all comes down to this one day yes or no.
I have sleep apnoea and I'm struggling with the machine, but I need to get on top of it now! Nervous....
Good luck. Do you attend the MDT or just find out the result after they meet?

Parsnip

I go all day, and meet all the team and then get the news at the end of the day x
I'm lucky I just called after my team had discussed my case and they told me the result. So much variation between hospital trusts.

Bling Babe

I thought you were have your op October 2019? I’m sure everything will go well at your MDT x