• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I’m a very nervous newbie

Hoping everything was OK - if somehow you were put off, don't feel bad. You can decide to do this process whenever you are ready. x

I found my first appointment very disapointing when they tell u it takes along time to get to surgery i expected surgery to be quicker tbh but the time does fly by and being on this group helps a lot not everyone has had there surgery some are at same stage as you and its nice to do this journey with someone

Hi my appointment is at St Richards in Chichester ? I just stuffed the appointment letter in my drawer like it’s a dirty little secret . I hate talking about myself especially to the medical profession and I can come across as really defensive and not engaging .
Thank you re my profile piccy it’s amazing what a dirty camera lens and someone doing your hair ( hairpiece ) and make up can achieve Lol x

Hey, how did you get on?
Lucy x

Hi well I went and funnily enough I’ve got my last tier 3 appointment tomorrow. I think it’s then 6 months to my MDT and then a further 6 months till surgery. It’s a very long journey but the for first time ever I actually feel in control of my eating habits .
I’m so pleased you continued with your appointments, I know it’s hard to believe but the time will fly by, good luck with your final teir 3 appointment tomorrow xx

Hi well I went and funnily enough I’ve got my last tier 3 appointment tomorrow. I think it’s then 6 months to my MDT and then a further 6 months till surgery. It’s a very long journey but the for first time ever I actually feel in control of my eating habits .
Pleased to hear things are going well for you x

So nearly a year from this post I got received my op date which is October 28th 2019
That’s fantastic news, congratulations, not long to wait now, when do you start your LRD ? X

So nearly a year from this post I got received my op date which is October 28th 2019

Just looking back on posts as I'd given up, and I now have my date for the mdt assessment. February 21st 2020, so everything I've worked hard for all comes down to this one day yes or no.
I have sleep apnoea and I'm struggling with the machine, but I need to get on top of it now! Nervous....

Just looking back on posts as I'd given up, and I now have my date for the mdt assessment. February 21st 2020, so everything I've worked hard for all comes down to this one day yes or no.
I have sleep apnoea and I'm struggling with the machine, but I need to get on top of it now! Nervous....
Good luck. Do you attend the MDT or just find out the result after they meet?

I go all day, and meet all the team and then get the news at the end of the day x
I'm lucky I just called after my team had discussed my case and they told me the result. So much variation between hospital trusts.

I thought you were have your op October 2019? I’m sure everything will go well at your MDT x

Back