• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi i am a newie

Andrea1

I everyone my name is Andrea and I am booked into the Thornbury Hospital in sheffield to have my long awaited bypass by Mr Akroyd.
I am on day three of the milk and yogurt 10 day diet and today I feel really weak and full of wind.
Is there anyone out there who has had their surgery in the Thornbury or by Mr Akroyd....I welcome any suggestions advice or just some motivation to get through the next seven days.

Hi Andrea, sorry i cant help you, just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck :) xxx

Caren said:
Hi Andrea, sorry i cant help you, just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck :) xxx

Thanks Caron, feeling really weak today and full of wind, hurry up next Wednesday x

Hi Andrea, can't help either I'm afraid with the milk diet but I'm on day 2 of my low fat/sugar/carb diet and I feel pretty rough too ...... Wel"ll get there though!

angeeb said:
Hi Andrea, can't help either I'm afraid with the milk diet but I'm on day 2 of my low fat/sugar/carb diet and I feel pretty rough too ...... Wel"ll get there though!

Hi angeeb I'm here with ya hunny, ?where and when is your surgey and what are you having?
How long do you have to do your diet for?

:welcome:

I had mine with Mr Ackroyd at the Thornbury you are I'm very safe hands :) the hospital is lovely, the staff were great and I was home on day three, pls message me if you want to know any specifics xx

Welcome Hun n good luck I'm on day 2 of my pre op low cal this week clear fluids next wk chin up hunni we will do it ;-) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well just one more day left of this Milk and Yogurt diet... I can't wait, I went to my GP today and was pleasantly surprised I've lost 10kg since my last visit in early Feb .... Yayyyyyyy
So I decided to walk home just one and a half miles I put a little effort in and I felt great when I reached my destination I am so looking forward to Wednesday Morning, roll on Wednedsay I say xxx

hi andrea,well done on losing 10kgs,i am also on the milk and yogurt diet,i have my op next tuesday. just wanted to wish you good luck and hope everything goes well for you on wednesday.

Well dun hun n good luck x

hi andrea,
welcome to this wonderfully supportive and informative site.
i'm sorry i can't help you but i just wanted to welcome you and pass on my wishes for a successful op and a speedy recovery.
please keep posting your progress for us 'pre-oppers'.
i should have had my sleeve op on thursday but it has been cancelled at last minute due to a sleep apnoa risk!!
regards

Back