• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just spoken to christine( I AM GUTTED)

angelpie

I was told by admissions that my cut off date for op would be november. I just phoned st richards and spoke to christine who told me my cut off date for op is 3rd febuary 2010 ????. she explained every thing to me very nicely. she said we get the phone call 8 to 6 weeks before surgery. she also said there is not a cancellation list at st richards., she also changed my surgeon from chris pring to mr slater or summers as I want open surgery and mr pring does not do them.
well looks like I will be having my christmas dinner after all. lol karen x

Does anyone have a hand that knows what the other is doing in the NHS? It does sound a long time but it's only a few weeks really - frustrating yes but it's also confirmed that it will be going ahead.

Best wishes to you
Lv Jen x

I was told by admissions that my cut off date for op would be november. I just phoned st richards and spoke to christine who told me my cut off date for op is 3rd febuary 2010 ????. she explained every thing to me very nicely. she said we get the phone call 8 to 6 weeks before surgery. she also said there is not a cancellation list at st richards., she also changed my surgeon from chris pring to mr slater or summers as I want open surgery and mr pring does not do them.

Hi Karen

Don't be so down about it...God knows how frustrating it all is without having the goal post moved but try to remember that the date you have is a cut off date and you could be called any time before February...Let's hope that it's sooner rather than later.

I wonder what Christine means about not having a cancellation list!....Does that mean that everyone just goes up one if someone cancels?

I was reading about another woman on another site who was really angry that her surgery was not when she expected it (she is having my surgeon), she had gone some time over her expected date...anyway she got called by the hospital to say 'Can you come into hospital in tomorrow and have your operation the next day?'....and she said no, as she was not prepared.

I think I would have found a way to be prepared...lol

Let's hope you get lucky hun

(((hugs)))

Sorry you're having to wait longer hun, but why do you want open surgery?:confused:

Angelpie sorry to hear your news, im waiting the same as you too gosh looks like will be going into next year then!

Hello Angelpie. Sorry that you thought that your date might have been sooner than you'd hoped. I know I myself have been told by various people various dates, and today I needed to speak with Christine but know that I will be done before January (but then I have been on the heap longer than yourself and I know that there are others who have been on longer than myself ... and so it goes on).
You just need to relax as much as possible (easier said than done I know) but enjoy each day as it comes and try not to stress about the date. You now have a final date when your operation needs to be carried out by - so that's good.

awwwwww hun im soz to hear you gotta wait longer than what you thought i hope they can work something out for you and that it will be sooner rather than later hugs lin.x

At least you have a date hun!Count your blessings.It will come soon enough.Maz x

Hi Karen, sorry you had to hear this news.Maybe this is just a guide line that the hospital gives out. Don't get too disheartened and don't get too excited over your christmas dinner lol.Miracles do happen and hopefully you'll get receive one soonxxx

Hi Karen
Like you I was told by Christine that my cut off point is March 2010! I have written to Mr Slater asking why it has taken so long from initial referral to possible operation date (20 months!) when they are others who have waited less time and who were referred after me and been operated on. I used dates from this forum (mentioned it too!) and asked if he could explain the process for allocating spaces. Will let you know what reply, if any, I get. It is depressing though,

ah the wait is such a pain love, like we all said when we met up for coffee today before we know it we will all be done and dusted and all this waiting will just be a memory !!! take care hun x x x x

I don't understand why you can't still have keyhole and have your gallbladder out at the same time. They do both surgeries by keyhole these days and the recover rate is so much better for keyhole. I had my gallbladder out by open surgery 15 years ago and have had my bypass by keyhole and I know given the choice I would never opt for open surgery. It took me months to get over my gallbladder op. I was off work 4 months and even after that I wasn't really up to working full time for a good few weeks more. They only usually do open surgery as a last resort these days so I am surprised the surgeons haven't tried to talk you around. At the end of the day it is your decision but I really would think about it a lot before making it. Good luck anyhow whatever you choose to do.

Back