• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I feel inspired by the postings

gdlondon

Six Month Post Op
Hi there I am so happy that I can share in others experience of the weight loss surgery

My journey began last year November 2010 when I found that I was regaining most of the weight I loss from taking Reductil (now band in the UK).

I had my 1st appointment at the Whittington in March, followed by another in April. I did lots of calling to check for earlier dates, so my date was moved from June to April.

All my test results came back fine, except a vitamin D deficiency :) Not much in the scheme of things. My funding from Islington PCT came through in September. Again I had to chase up to see that the Islington PCT received all the documents form my GP (now called North Central London). Don't be afraid to do your own chasing directly with the PCT. I found them most helpful.

I initially wanted to do gastric band, but have now switch to gastric bypass because of its greater sucess rate.

I have just got confirmation of my pre-assessment appointment with a nurse for 14 November. They have advised that my surgery is likely to be in January. My consultant is off on leave in December.

I am a bit anxious about the 1st week after surgery. So do give me feedback on your life after gastric bypass.

I always give my total honest accounts.

The first two weeks, I thought to myself what the hell had I done to myself.

However 4 months later, I cant believe I didnt try for this earlier, now 9 stone lighter since February 2011, 4 stone lighter since my bypass at the end of June.

It is hard work, but its the best thing you will ever do. :)

the only thing i can say about the 1st 2 weeks is im so sick of soup it aint funny ive had no problems since day of surgery on june 3rd and now lost 7.5 stone i wouldnt change it for anything its totaly transformed my life

I haven't had mine yet but honestly this site has really boosted my confidence to have it done and i know any questions will be answered,

Welcome GD, I had my op on 3/10/11 & felt great for 3 days ... Bit sore & tired but nothing a few painkillers didn't take away. Then I started on Metformin which I had never taken previously & then followed 2 weeks of struggling to eat or drink as I felt so nauseous. This was resolved on Thursday when my bariatric nurse recognized my symptoms. She told me to stop the Metformin & today I am on top of the world. Even at my worst I did not regret my surgery as you cannot make omelettes without breaking eggs (sorry for the pun) & always knew I was in for a hard slog if I wanted to make the surgery work for me. The rest of my life starts today ... can you guess I am elated, lol. Good luck with the rest of your journey, hunni xxx :):)

Back