• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi i have a small question

Frosty

Hi all

Im 4 weeks post bypass , When i was going through all the pre op interveiws i was told i could only take 2 small spoons of food or a small amount of fluid. But from day 1 i could have mor ethen they mentioned . it is reduced a hell of alot but i would say its more like a young childs meal size.
I can eat/drink a full can of soup this does fill me but its more then i thought i could take.

SO my question is is it possible that my doctor made my pouch slighty larger then i was told it would be . or is it normal for some people to consume more .

Any advice will help . i do have to see my doctor in a few weeks and i will let him know. but i just wanted a rough advice now to ease my stress levels :p

Thx in advance

hi frosty
i thought the same thing, i asked my surgeon he said he prefers the tulip procedure nut the cup, u can tolerate food/quantities better, u just gotta be slower.

Hi Frosty. Was just wondering how much have you lost since your op?:)

Hi Frosty. Was just wondering how much have you lost since your op?:)

Hi lyn my weight on operation day was

23.1 Stone (323.4 lbs )
My weight today is 20.13 Stone (281.81 lbs)

And thats 4 weeks Today

I do hope to lose more but at a more steady rate maybe 1 stone a month but we will see. as i have made my own gym and exersize daily. But i will be gaining a little weight in muscle as i do cardovascula followed by wieght training so i dont get skinny arms etc.
In all i do feel fantastic and i had my doutbs if i had done teh right thing but now i know i have :p

Hi lyn my weight on operation day was

23.1 Stone (323.4 lbs )
My weight today is 20.13 Stone (281.81 lbs)

And thats 4 weeks Today

I do hope to lose more but at a more steady rate maybe 1 stone a month but we will see. as i have made my own gym and exersize daily. But i will be gaining a little weight in muscle as i do cardovascula followed by wieght training so i dont get skinny arms etc.
In all i do feel fantastic and i had my doutbs if i had done teh right thing but now i know i have :p

Hi Frosty

Your doing really well, keep it up xx

:wow: excellent. You should join Nefer's thread, you're very welcome. :)

:wow: excellent. You should join Nefer's thread, you're very welcome. :)

Lyn ive lied but not on purpose :p

I started at 323.4 ( 23.1 stones ) on the day of the op
but as of today im really 291.8 as the silly converter thought 20.13 was 20 stones 13 onces not 20 stones 13 pounds.

anyway im still happy :p just 10 pound extra to lose now

wow mark well done excellent loss todate and i feel even more excited about my operation
now when i read such excellent news

Mark, do you mind if I ask where you had your op done? I was reading your post on Mandy's thread and some of what you have said elsewhere. All very helpful advice. Just wondered where you had yours done.

One thing that is worrying me, is that several people, yourself included, have said that they make you walk down to surgery. Although I could possibly walk from say the bed to a nearby toilet, there is no way I could walk to a theatre if it is more than a few yards away. Sometimes I've been in hospital and they haven't taken notice of my disability because I don't look outwardly disabled. I'm also worried about something my friend told me about having to walk round the ward and aparently they put some kind of device on your legs that keeps pumping up every so often to keep the blood flow going. My legs are used to not walking or moving about anyway, but I worry that there is going to be some 'jobsworth' nurse who tries to make me have all this paraphanalia. When I broke my leg, and had to go into hospital to have it pinned, they initially put me in an electric bed because of my disability, even though I was in the wrong ward (ward I needed was full). When they moved me, they put me in a standard bed (non electric) but which had some vibrating mattress. The sound alone from all the machines running drove me nuts, as I have really bad tinnitus, and at night it was impossible to sleep. After 20 minutes on this vibrating mattress, I was in floods of tears from the pain it was causing in my legs and spine. They kept saying they would do something but didn't, so in the end, hubby helped me out of bed and into the chair next to it. 'Jobsworth' came round and said I should be on the bed, to which I replied I would, as soon as they took the vibrating mattress off or changed the bed. Eventually they done it under much protest. I'm really worried that they will insist I have these stupid inflator things on my legs, which I know will be hell for me.

I know I'll have to bring all this up at the initial appointment, and make sure it is in my notes and constantly remind them of it if they try to get me to do something I can't do, although I hate having to mention it as it then makes me sound like a hyperchondriac.

Gerry
:)

Hi Gerry

I know my consultant said I would have to walk to theartre... and that an hour after my surgery they would have me sat up in a chair and i would need to have this moon like shoes on my feet to help circulation and it helps to stop clotting they said....

You need to make a list and talk to the consultant about it... yours is a different case and you have this disability so i should imagine they will take that into account

Sorry not much help

Mark, do you mind if I ask where you had your op done? I was reading your post on Mandy's thread and some of what you have said elsewhere. All very helpful advice. Just wondered where you had yours done.

One thing that is worrying me, is that several people, yourself included, have said that they make you walk down to surgery. Although I could possibly walk from say the bed to a nearby toilet, there is no way I could walk to a theatre if it is more than a few yards away. Sometimes I've been in hospital and they haven't taken notice of my disability because I don't look outwardly disabled. I'm also worried about something my friend told me about having to walk round the ward and aparently they put some kind of device on your legs that keeps pumping up every so often to keep the blood flow going. My legs are used to not walking or moving about anyway, but I worry that there is going to be some 'jobsworth' nurse who tries to make me have all this paraphanalia. When I broke my leg, and had to go into hospital to have it pinned, they initially put me in an electric bed because of my disability, even though I was in the wrong ward (ward I needed was full). When they moved me, they put me in a standard bed (non electric) but which had some vibrating mattress. The sound alone from all the machines running drove me nuts, as I have really bad tinnitus, and at night it was impossible to sleep. After 20 minutes on this vibrating mattress, I was in floods of tears from the pain it was causing in my legs and spine. They kept saying they would do something but didn't, so in the end, hubby helped me out of bed and into the chair next to it. 'Jobsworth' came round and said I should be on the bed, to which I replied I would, as soon as they took the vibrating mattress off or changed the bed. Eventually they done it under much protest. I'm really worried that they will insist I have these stupid inflator things on my legs, which I know will be hell for me.

I know I'll have to bring all this up at the initial appointment, and make sure it is in my notes and constantly remind them of it if they try to get me to do something I can't do, although I hate having to mention it as it then makes me sound like a hyperchondriac.

Gerry
:)

Hi Gerry

On the questionnaire I filled out last night there was a few questions about things like this i.e do you have problems walking, do you have any phobias i.e enclosed spaces etc so don't worry they will take all that into consideration xxx

Hi Gerry

Sorry its taken so long to answer ive had to cook for for the wife :p

I had my operation at Luton and Dunstable Hospital done by Mr Jain.

DOnt worry at all about walking they only get you doing it on the stop to get your lungs working after the op and after you have pain killers namely morphine as it cloggs you up a little.

As for walking to the operation. what they do is wheel you down there and ask if you can walk the final few feet and get on the table. But if you cant do this they will use a inflatable matress.
So dont worry at all.

You wont have to do anything you dont want to. except get up the day after the operation. i didnt want to but the sooner you get up the faster you can go home.

Ill do a post of the ruths and facts of the bypass so all who are going to can read. its best to know then to wonder what going to happen. but in all its a breeze

Lyn ive lied but not on purpose :p

I started at 323.4 ( 23.1 stones ) on the day of the op
but as of today im really 291.8 as the silly converter thought 20.13 was 20 stones 13 onces not 20 stones 13 pounds.

anyway im still happy :p just 10 pound extra to lose now

:eek: What's the world coming to? That's it, I'll never believe another word you say!:D Tell the truth, I hadn't noticed. You've still lost about 30lbs in about 5 weeks, cool!

Back