• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi i m nicy going to the QA Portsmouth

nicy

(hi my names nicy , i finding it very hard to find any infor or any one that has had wls at the QA , i have a assessment with the bariatric term , on my letter it said it will take up to 4 hours , i know they are going to talk about what type of surgery will be suited to me , just like to know if anyone has been to this type of appointment

would like to know what to expect , really scare they are just going to turn me way and say no

thanks for reading x)

that was my first post i was a little confused with what was going on .. so i forgot to tell you about myself

i am 30yrs and i am 142 kg 22st i have been big all my lift and started my first diet at the age of 11 .. oh i forgot to say i am only 4ft 7inchs n high ..
i love anime and have two lovely dogs

Last edited:
Hi Nicy. Just wanted to say hi! I am just starting my journey and I am in your area. I have been refereed through Spire. I didn't know they did it at QA.

Hi Nicy. Just wanted to say hi! I am just starting my journey and I am in your area. I have been refereed through Spire. I didn't know they did it at QA.

hi hope you are doing well ,
the QA was really good was a long day but at lest it is all over and done with , i will know more in a couple of weeks , they were really nice and understood ,
i did it through the weigh a head program

Following I'm new to site and have just been referred by doctor so don't know what to expect from this point on any info on what to expect along the process from start to finish be grateful

Following I'm new to site and have just been referred by doctor so don't know what to expect from this point on any info on what to expect along the process from start to finish be grateful
hiya
right now it just the waiting game .. once you get your letter you will know what date you will go see the team/doctor it all depends on your area and how they do things ..
for me i saw 4 different people in one day , and now i am too back on the waiting game , for a letter ,
unfortunately there is and lot of waiting and not knowing , drive you crazy ,, well dose me at less

hiya
right now it just the waiting game .. once you get your letter you will know what date you will go see the team/doctor it all depends on your area and how they do things ..
for me i saw 4 different people in one day , and now i am too back on the waiting game , for a letter ,
unfortunately there is and lot of waiting and not knowing , drive you crazy ,, well dose me at less
Hi got my date for first appointment it's 11 Sep says can be up to four hours and I see all the different people on the same day what happened at your appointment do they tell you how long you have to do tier 3 at the appointment and how long till u know if you will get the surgery I'm so worried about the appointment as don't want them to say I can't have the surgery don't want say the wrong thing with all the questions they are going to through at me not looking forward to the group sessions either as I get anxious with that sort thing x

Hi got my date for first appointment it's 11 Sep says can be up to four hours and I see all the different people on the same day what happened at your appointment do they tell you how long you have to do tier 3 at the appointment and how long till u know if you will get the surgery I'm so worried about the appointment as don't want them to say I can't have the surgery don't want say the wrong thing with all the questions they are going to through at me not looking forward to the group sessions either as I get anxious with that sort thing x

hiya suger
first i really happy you got your date for your first appointment it a big step in the right direction
if you have not yet done tier 3 which is a weightloss program for 6 month like weight a head.... they might ask you to do that first
i am not to sure which area you are but for me i had to do the tier 3 before i could get referred by the doctor but all areas are different

i totally understand how you feel it is very scare and not alot of info on it as it is a new way of doing the appointment , then you are leaved alone with your mind .. coming up with all sorts of thing that might happen ...
i have serve anxiety disorder so i also had tho thoughts that they are not going to help me .. but to be honest think it is natural , when something means so much to you , it just show how much you want help .

try not to worry . i know that is easier said then done.. they are there to help , you might find that they ask the same question.. it not to catch you out or any thing it is because they do not have enough time to hand over info to one another .

if you are heading to the QA Portsmouth they are really nice people and treat you like a person ,i felt comfortable ,they do not look down on you for being big like most people do , they really are there to help , i know it all overwhelming and the worst part is the wait and your own thought .. but once it all over you will wonder what all the fuss was about ,

they told me it could be up to 4 months wait list for the surgery.. all depends on if there are beds or not

if the group part is the educational part , all it is you , and 4 other (many more if they have brought friends with them for support ) nurse and the surgeon, all they do is talk you thought what different surgery there are and the difference, all it for is so that the surgeon dose not have to repeat himself 4 times and they can answer any questions you have.

the 4 people will more likey be , surgeon, nurse, anaethetist ,dietitian nurse

hope most of this make sense
and it help to put some of your fears at rest

Last edited:
Back