• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New member saying hi

Paul-H

Hi all

Just joined the forum and saying hi

My name is Paul and I live in North Kent. I have been accepted for a Gastric Bypass at St Richards Hospital in Chichester, I will be under the care of MR Guy Slaters team and hope to have had the operation by April although they did tell me February but my PCT tell me they are working to a 16 week waiting list and that will make it April. So if it is February then all the better.

Weight wise I am not that big with my BMI being about 38 but I do have a number of other medical issues that the Bypass is also supposed to resolve, things like type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep Aponea, COPD, and Arthritice in my hips and knees, and Acid Reflux. High Blood Pressure, and Hi Colestrol, all of which are supposed to be resolved by a bypass so hopefully I will be able to drastically reduce my huge list of medication that I take at the moment.

That's it for now, hope to chat more as I find my feet around your forum.

By for now

Paul

hello Paul, welcome to the site and good luck :) xxx

hi Paul and welcome x

Hi there Paul, Welcome to this site, I have only been on for routhly a week. and I have found a lot of things out what I didnt no. and I have had a lot of help. so if you need to no anything. everyone is there to help. its like one big happy family x

Hi Paul and welcome..I also have arthritis but not your other medical issues. Hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome Paul,
Have a good look around and ask away there as so many peeps here that know so much and always here for a hug :)

welcome to the forum paul!!!!

:welcome: and good luck on your journey x

hi paul welcome n good luck x

Hi Paul welcome to the site, i have type two diabetis which was controlled by metforin before my bypass... and since the op i havnt had any medication for it at all xxx

:welcome:

Hi Paul, Welcome to the site. I have type 2 diabetes and since the op I haven't had to take any medication for the diabetes my blood sugar has stayed within the acceptable range.Best wishes.

Hi Paul welcome n good luck ;)

Back