• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi im havin Gastric band in 11 days wanted to say hello

suz1968

:D hi to u all,im booked in dolan park 10th jan for a band after years of dieting and thyroid problems ive really had enough decided to go for it im a chef by trade so dieting is a mine field as soon as i lose a bit i start to celebrate and before i know it ive put it all back on and usually more OOPS:D So i figured this would be a great place to log wot happens and hopefully make some new friends who hav had similar experiences and maybe help eachother on our journey xx

Welcome and good luck :)

are u ill be honest i dont know the difference between a band and a sleeve would u tell me i keep hearing about the sleeve i niavely thought they were both the same xx

really thats good to hear im sick of hearing myself moan but doin nothin was time to change or face bein ill in later years xx

Welcome to you :) I've had my band now for 17 weeks . . .the best thing I've ever done. As a chef in my earlier life, I totally get those things you talk of! But, I also got to a point where this was the right time for me (after 7 years of considering surgery!) - hope this place will be a support to you, always feel able to shout if you want to chat

Kat :) x

Welcome hun and good luck

A sleeve is where they remove 2/3 of your stomach so you only Have a small tummy thrrefore you cant eat very much thats the very Basic description of it. Band isnt the same thing. Good luck though hune will be wanting to hear all about your experience hune aftereards. Am so excited for you hune. New year new begining could be a lot slimmer by summer@

Hi suz and welcome. I've had my band since late October and love it. Luckily had no problems so far, just wish I'd done it sooner!
Hope it all goes well, you'll soon be reaping the rewards xxx

Welcome and good luck! There's a lot of happy banders here :)

hi kat,
thanks for yur reply big help ive only 48 hrs to go now flying to birmingham tomorrow eek

sue xx

Hi I had my band at Dolan park last Friday. The place is lovely and everyone is so so nice. I'm still in the "healing phase" so can't tell you much but im getting there and actually feeling pretty good. Best of luck to both of you having it done. Like I said I'm pretty new myself but if I could be if any help let me know xx

Hi I'm just so nervous still lol suppose everyone, I'm going to be a day case as I live very close how did you feel straight after op? Did u go home or even feel well enough. X

I was first on the list so I was down there at just gone 8 I live in the south so I stayed the night before. I can't remember being taken back to my room and was in and out of it for a few hours after my op but around 3 ish i started to come round properly. People were in every hour it so doing obs and things. My visitors turned up at 4 and I was desperate for the loo so a nurse asked them to wait outside helped me out of bed and I got back into my own pj's there may be a little blood on your gown but do not be alarmed my incisions were never dressed (they are so clean and neat). They encourage you to drink plenty. By the time my visitors left I managed to walk to the reception to see then off. I'm sure you will be absolutely fine is anyone going with you? So far I have no regrets. I was a little uncomfortable with wind pain and still am a little but each day it's getting better xxx

Ahh good glad it went ok for you then I av heard bout the wind pain lol not looking forward to that ha x yeah my mum is going with me and maybe my friend they will stop there the day I hope and take me home x

I think you will have to stay in over night (I thought that was standard) it's good that someone is going with you. To be honest there isn't a lot to do so my parents went shopping in redditch and came late afternoon to see me.

Back