• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just wanted to say Hi

barbara1

I am new to the site, but have had my surgery already. I could not find a 'say hi' page on post op forum. So here goes
I had a Gastric Band in 2007, lost 8 stone in just over a year, then it went all wrong. Band was too tight for too long, lots of vomiting lead to a Hiatus Hernia and Chron Acid Reflux Disease. Hernia was repaired in 2010 and was back within 6 months. Total band Defill in Jan 2011 lead to a 3 stone weight gain, feeling sorry for myself lead me back into bad eating habits. The surgeons were worried about the Chronic Acid Reflux which would not respond to treatment with Lanzoprazole etc. so it was decided by them I needed RNY Bypass. They put in for funding in Feb. 2012 and had to appeal in May 2012. granted funding at end of June and had surgery 7th Sept 2012.
Very early days for me, 2 weeks out tomorrow. Still on the thicker liquids stage and moving onto pureed foods on monday.
Have joined this site to get as much help with my journey as I can.

Back