• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm Mo

SingerMo

Hi everyone I'm new here.
I just booked a consultation with the hospital group for Wednesday 20th.
I wanted to go NHS for my op but ironically I'm too healthy.
I'm really worried about going private, if something goes wrong. So I will be looking for a lot of advice and support.

Hello mo
This is a great site lots of postive people with lots to say all good stuff and true even if at times it can be hard to hear and read good luck in all you wish for

Thank you Los in it. I've been looking around the forum and see you pop up here and there would love any advice/support you have to give :)

Hi just to say welcome, sorry can not give no advice, just started myself.
Very nice people on this site, good luck with your journey.

Hi mo good luck with your consultation. The 20th will be here in no time
Thanks Kar. It's suddenly gotten real. I was quite nervous booking it in. Luckily my Mum's coming with me.

Im sure you will be fine Mo, i was nervous when I went for my first appointment. Telling someone about your weight problem since being a kid is hard. I considered the band but have decided on a sleeve.

Hi Mo,

I went private, The Spire -Gatwick Park. I am not sure where in London you are but it was a fabulous experience with great aftercare.
It's worth checking out more than one option if you are paying for the op yourself.

Good Luck on your journey.

I too went with THG I had a bypass, I'm very happy with it all :)

Hi Mo,

I had my operation through The Hospital Group in Dolan Park.

They are very good.

You will be given a patient care co-ordinator (mine had actually had a band herself through the Hospital Group so knew a lot of the fears etc) who you can contact with any questions.

After the operation you will be given contact details for the nursing staff at the hospital and you will also have monthly telephone consultations with dieticians.

I hope that helps a little?

Also, welcome to the forum and good luck!

Hi Mo,

I had my operation through The Hospital Group in Dolan Park.

They are very good.

You will be given a patient care co-ordinator (mine had actually had a band herself through the Hospital Group so knew a lot of the fears etc) who you can contact with any questions.

After the operation you will be given contact details for the nursing staff at the hospital and you will also have monthly telephone consultations with dieticians.

I hope that helps a little?

Also, welcome to the forum and good luck!
Thank you NorthamptonGirl
That's good to know.
You're doing amazing :0)

Hi Mo,

I went private, The Spire -Gatwick Park. I am not sure where in London you are but it was a fabulous experience with great aftercare.
It's worth checking out more than one option if you are paying for the op yourself.

Good Luck on your journey.

I'd be interested to hear how much it cost they seem to have more upfront costs (consultation, administration) than the and they don't quote the price of the surgery
Please PM if you don't mind.

Hi Singer. I'm dead new so not much to offer. But hello

I had my consultation yesterday and I asked the question about anything going wrong. Consultant told me that I have a two year guarantee but even if something went wrong out with this period the Nuffield are very good and would generally take care of it. He said if it was a few years down the line they may ask for a nominal sum
I chose a consultant that works in the NHS hospital close to the Nuffield figuring I could be referred as an NHS patient to him if I had problems. Maybe being a bit naive here :)

The cost was given to me as a flat rate on my first call. This price included aftercare and eight fills

I went with my gut reaction on where to go, then was given the choice of a few surgeons, told to go online and look at there profiles. It was a hard decision though as they do have your life in their hands

It's scary but exciting. Good luck x

Hi Singer. I'm dead new so not much to offer. But hello

I had my consultation yesterday and I asked the question about anything going wrong. Consultant told me that I have a two year guarantee but even if something went wrong out with this period the Nuffield are very good and would generally take care of it. He said if it was a few years down the line they may ask for a nominal sum
I chose a consultant that works in the NHS hospital close to the Nuffield figuring I could be referred as an NHS patient to him if I had problems. Maybe being a bit naive here :)

The cost was given to me as a flat rate on my first call. This price included aftercare and eight fills

I went with my gut reaction on where to go, then was given the choice of a few surgeons, told to go online and look at there profiles. It was a hard decision though as they do have your life in their hands

It's scary but exciting. Good luck x

Hey Kursty
Thank you.
Good luck with the next step.

So I got my consultation appointment letter in the post last night.
The information about how the band actually works was fascinating. And now I get the 20 20 20 rule everyone is banging on about.
You learn something new everyday and I feel like I'm discovering an avalanche of new things in this Banders paradise.

So I got my consultation appointment letter in the post last night.
The information about how the band actually works was fascinating. And now I get the 20 20 20 rule everyone is banging on about.
You learn something new everyday and I feel like I'm discovering an avalanche of new things in this Banders paradise.

Just booked a healthier weight consultation as well on the 29th. I think I like them better already.

Hello Mo, welcome to the group - I've seen quite a lot of posts from privately funded people so I'm sure you'll get all the help and advise that you want :)

Back