• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm new to this x

pink butterfly

Hi, I stumbled across this site today and I am so pleased I have. I was at Sunderland yesterday for Gastroscophy (please excuse my spelling) My consultant Mr Schroeder advised at that point I would now be put on the list for bypass surgery. Wondered if anyone was aware of how long this "list" is. I am not impatient I am just so inspired reading some of the posts on here. WOW you's look fab well done xx :)

Hi and :welcome" to WLS, we have loads of members from sunderland so you will get lots of useful tips and advice. Good luck with your journey :D X

Welcome

Hi Pink Butterfly. Welcome to tis wonderful site. Stick around to make friends, get great advice, tips, wisdom, moral support, and loads of fun!

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

I had my bypass done by Mr Schroeder in August this year. I believe the waiting list has recently reduced again to 18 weeks. It was 26 weeks when I had my op. I think the surgeon's are saying hopefully 18 weeks, but no longer than 26 weeks.

We have a couple of people due for their ops soon: J-Mo, Chefclay and JustLiz, who also runs Sunderland patients' support group. The next meeting for that is 30th September I think.

Just one quick tip: give it a week or so and then ring Mr Schroeder's secretary and MAKE SURE your name is actually on the list. She's ever so nice and helpful. I don't know if you've had any issues with SRH admin, but I think it's fair to say a few of us have. So I always feel its better to make sure now, rather than sit twiddling your thumbs for 4 months and then find they forgot!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and following your journey.
Charis xx

Charis Thank you so much, that is so kind of you.

I will be sure to ring & confirm I am on the list, I am going to come along to the meeting along with my friend who is going through the same, I am really looking forward to meeting everyone & hearing peoples stories.
I cant wait!!!
Thanks a million xxx

Charis Thank you so much, that is so kind of you.

I will be sure to ring & confirm I am on the list, I am going to come along to the meeting along with my friend who is going through the same, I am really looking forward to meeting everyone & hearing peoples stories.
I cant wait!!!
Thanks a million xxx

It's a pleasure honey. That's why we're here. :D xxxx

I'm hoping to come to the meeting myself for the first time, so I may see you there.

Hello and I love your user name.

Welcome good luck on your journey and you will soon become an old hat at this. xxxx

welcome to the site, according to Mr Small when i saw him at Sunderland on Monday they are saying it is a max of 26 weeks however they are aiming at an average for 20 weeks. hope this helps xxxxxxxx

Hi there, welcome to the site and glad you found it. there is so much information on here and the people are just lovely.

Hi and welcome. Hope to see you at one of the Sunderland support group meetings. In the meantime, a couple of us are getting together for a coffee at Dalton Park tomorrow and you are welcome to join us x x

Hello and welcome.... and YIPPEE you're on the list!!!

Be sure to keep us all posted on how your journey goes and as others say, stick around and make great use of all the resources and experience on this site xxxx

:welcome2:Hello and Welcome Pink Butterfly.

This is a great site with lots of friendly faces all going through the same sort of procedure as you and your friend. Lots of information at your fingertips and if you need to ask anything there is always someone at hand to answer.

Look forward to following your journey.

Take care Kat

Hi Pink Butterfly and :welcome2:to the site.

Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey. xxx :)

Back