• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im new hi everyone

Hi everyone im new.

Have been reading lots of posts and think I might be a tad unique so ill start by explaining my journey...
I've always been big not huge but met a guy 6 years ago we love food so big ended up huge!! I have dieted in the past but not very strong willed and to be fair never really been that bothered with my size or appearance. The past 18 months yes I've noticed I've got massive and my bmi was 44 and in a snug size 20. We decided time for a baby but i have pcos and am not ovulating. To get any help (even tho were paying) I'm too heavy the doctor suggests loose weight. I'm 34 and don't feel I have too much time to mess around. My sister suggested a gastric band for speed my consultation was 3 days later surgery 4 weeks later. Rash I know as it had never crossed my mind before.

I've never had an operation, anaesthetic, stitch or broken bone so this surgery has been a first for me a shocker.

Im 3 weeks in now and my scars have scabs and glue still attached and my port site is tender but im ok. Thought the glue would be off by now? Im on my sloppy food stage and cottage pie never tasted so good haha.

Ive lost 6lbs since op day was suprised at this as not eaten much. I have a fill booked for 8/10 which im glad about as getting hungry now.

Hi and welcome hun good luck with achieving everything you want :)

Good luck on your journey xx

it will be the best idea you would have made this year and you never know you could be hearing the screams of a little wiggly thing someday !

Hello and welcome! I had some glue still clinging to my wounds at around the 4 week mark. The good news is that when it eventually fell off the scar underneath was beautifully neat.

Hi and welcome. Don't be surprised if weight loss is slower when you are eating less. Mr super did my band and I have lost over 11st... working with my band. You CAN do it! Good luck x

Oh wow, welcome hun. Our stories are so very similar....mine was all done from decision to op in a month, pcos, being overweight being blamed for my lack of ovulation. Have lost 2 and half stone so far, 3 months down and my ovulation sticks have started showing me a smiley face :) its a huge step in the right direction. Good luck x x

Hi bichonbabies, welcome to the forum :)

Back